AS A SOPHOMORE
• Notched his first point of the season with an assist against Sacred Heart (Oct. 19).
• Scored his first goal of the season in Notre Dame’s 5-2 win over sixth-ranked Minnesota (Nov. 25), notching a backhanded tally for the fifth Irish goal of the night.
• Capped the scoring in Notre Dame’s 6-2 win at Wisconsin (Dec. 9).
• Missed the second Michigan series (Feb. 16 & 18) with an illness.
• Returned to score the opening goal in Notre Dame’s 6-3 win over Michigan State (Feb. 23).
• Assisted on Joe Wegwerth’s goal in 4-3 NCAA regional semifinal win over Michigan Tech (March 23).
AS A FRESHMAN
• Made his Notre Dame debut on Oct. 7 versus Arizona State.
• Had the primary assist on Bo Brauer’s first period goal in the 4-4 overtime tie with Vermont, marking his first career point.
• Scored his first career goal against Vermont (Feb. 4), giving the Irish a 3-1 lead in an eventual 4-1 victory.
• Assisted on Ben Ostlie’s game winner at No. 5/6 Boston University (February 24).
• Scored in Notre Dame’s 4-1 loss at Boston University (Feb. 25).
IN THE USHL
• Played his first USHL season in 2015-16 and helped Dubuque reach the Clark Cup Championship series, where O’Leary and Dubuque fell to future Notre Dame classmate Tory Dello and Tri-City.
• During the regular season, O’Leary had eight goals and 19 assists for 27 points in 59 games.
• In the playoffs, O’Leary netted four goals and three assists for seven points in 12 games and tied for Dubuque’s leading rookie scorer in the run to the championship series.
• Played in the 2015-16 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game and scored a goal and added three assists for a four-point night to help lead Team East to a 6-2 win over Team West.
WITH HOCKEY CANADA
• Played for Team Canada White at the World U-17 Hockey Challenge and registered an assist in five games.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Graduated from Dubuque Senior High School in Dubuque, Iowa.
• Prior to joining Dubuque, he played high school hockey for the Salisbury School (Salisbury, Connecticut) from 2013-15, while also skating with the Connecticut Wolf Pack.
• With Salisbury, he scored 11 goals and added 20 assists in 58 games while helping the team to back-to-back New England Prep School Championships (2014 & 2015).
• Played with the Halifax ACCEL Hawks Major Bantam program (NSMBHL) before attending the Salisbury School.
• Full name is Michael Timothy O'Leary and he is the son of Shaun O'Leary and Paula Arab.
• Has an older sister, Maria, and a younger brother, Shea.
• Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.
Goals: 1 (4x - vs. Michigan State 2/23/18)
Assists: 1 (7 x - vs. Michigan Tech 3/23/18)
Points: 1 (11x - vs. Michigan Tech 3/23/18)
Multi-Point Games: n/a