The senior forward signed with Los Angeles' AHL affiliate.
Petersen and DiPauli earned Honorable Mention accolades.
Herr was named the league’s Best Defensive Forward, while Nardella was selected to the All-Rookie team.
Cal Petersen made 39 saves and Dylan Malmquist scored the game winner.
Jake Evans had a goal and two assists for the Irish.
Notre Dame closed out the regular season with a thrilling 1-0 win over Boston University on senior night.
Notre Dame and Harvard played on the first night of the annual Shillelagh Tournament at the Compton Family Ice Arena.
The Notre Dame hockey team opened the 2015-16 season with a two-game road series at Penn State (Oct. 16-17).
Notre Dame Men's Ice Hockey falls to St. Cloud State on 03-30-2013.
Notre Dame Men's Ice Hockey take down Ohio State 3-1 in the CCHA Semifinals at Joe Lewis Arena on 03-23-2013.
• Signed an Amateur Tryout Agreement (ATO) with the Ontario Reign of the American Hockey League (AHL) on April 1, 2016.
• Skated in five regular-season games and scored one goal.
AS A SENIOR
• Named the Hockey East Defensive Forward of the Year (March 16).
• Served as an alternate captain for the second consecutive season and was a member of Notre Dame’s Rosenthal Leadership Academy.
• Skated in all 37 games and notched 18 points on 10 goals and eight assists.
• Reached the 10-goal plateau for a third consecutive season.
• Had three power-play goals and four game winners to finish his Irish career with nine game-winning goals.
• Opened the season with a career-high three assists in Notre Dame’s season-opening 7-4 win at Penn State (Oct. 16).
• Scored the game-winning goal in the third period of Notre Dame’s 2-1 win at UConn (Oct. 31).
• Also scored the game winner in the third period of the 3-1 Irish win over Western Michigan (Nov. 28).
• Netted the game-tying, power-play goal at Denver with 30 seconds to play in regulation (2-2 overtime tie on Jan. 2).
• Scored the game-winning goal in Notre Dame’s 7-1 win over Western Michigan (Jan. 8).
• Netted his first only two-goal game of the season in Notre Dame’s 5-1 win over Merrimack (Jan. 16).
• Scored an empty net goal to seal Notre Dame’s 3-1 win at Vermont (Feb. 6).
• Scored the game-winning goal in Notre Dame’s 5-1 win over Maine (Feb. 13).
AS A JUNIOR
• Served as an alternate captain and played in all 42 games.
• Scored 12 goals and added six assists for 18 points.
• His 12 goals ranked third on the team and he netted two power-play goals and had one game-wining goal.
• Had 36 penalty minutes and blocked 23 shots.
• Tied a career-high mark with two goals in Notre Dame’s 7-0 win against Niagara (Oct. 25).
• Also tied a career high with three points (1-2-3) against Vermont (Oct. 31).
• Had a three-game goal scoring streak (Nov. 20-29).
• Scored two goals in six playoff games.
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Played in all 40 games and recorded career highs in goals (14), assists (13), points (27), power-play goals (four) and game winners (four).
• Whistled for nine penalties (18 minutes) and was +14 on the year.
• Turned in seven multi-point games and had three games with two goals.
• Was winner of Notre Dame's Most Improved Player award following the season.
• Finished third on the team in goals, fifth in assists, tied for second in power-play goals and tied for first in game winners.
• Scored first career goal on the power play in a 3-0 win at Western Michigan (Oct. 12).
• Led Notre Dame to its first Hockey East road win with a pair of goals, including the game winner in 3-2 win at Vermont (Nov. 2).
• Followed that game with the game winner versus top-ranked Minnesota in 4-1 victory (Nov. 8).
• Had goals in back-to-back games versus Massachusetts (Dec. 6-7).
• Assisted on two goals in 4-3 loss to Boston College at Fenway Park (Jan. 4)
• Had two goals against Lake Superior State (Jan. 17).
• Scored back-to-back game-winning goals in the second game of Alabama Huntsville series and first game against Lake Superior State.
• His final goal of the season came in 4-2 win at Boston College in game three of Hockey East Quarterfinals.
• In six postseason games had one goal and three assists for four points.
AS A FRESHMAN
• Saw action in 13 games for the Irish and recorded one assist for one point.
• Picked up one penalty for two minutes.
• Sidelined with an illness from Christmas break until Feb. 1 at Ohio State.
• His assist came on David Gerths' first-period goal in a 3-3 overtime tie at Western Michigan (Feb. 22).
IN THE USHL
• Joined the Irish after playing the previous two seasons in the USHL with the Green Bay Gamblers.
• Helped the Gamblers to the 2011-12 USHL Clark Cup title as he was named the Most Valuable Player of the 2011-12 USHL playoffs.
• Finished 12th in the regular-season scoring race, scoring 30 goals and adding 26 assists for 56 points in 55 games.
• Tied for the USHL lead with a +35 rating.
• Scored eight power-play goals and had four game winners while recording 43 penalty minutes.
• Helped Green Bay to a 47-9-4 record, good for 98 points and first place in the USHL's Eastern Division.
• In the playoffs, helped the Gamblers to series wins over Youngstown, Indiana and then Waterloo, by a 3-2 margin, for the USHL title.
• Had seven goals and nine assists for 16 points in 12 games.
• Was +13 for the playoffs with one power-play goal and two game winners on the way to MVP honors.
• In his first season in the USHL, played in 57 games with 10 goals and 13 assists for 23 points and was +12.
• Picked up 52 penalty minutes and three game winners while Green Bay finished second in the USHL Eastern Conference with a 41-15-4 record before losing to Dubuque in the Clark Cup finals.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Graduated from Hinsdale Central High School in Hinsdale, Illinois, in 2011.
• Played two seasons for the Chicago Mission Midget Major program.
• Scored 18 goals with 13 assists for 31 points in 47 games in helping Mission to the 2009 AAA national championship.
• In November 2011, he teamed with Vince Hinostroza and Mario Lucia on the 2011 U.S. Junior National Select team that won a bronze medal at the World Junior A Challenge.
• Full name is Samuel Michael Herr and he is the son of Jeff and Tracy Herr.
• Has two brothers, Charlie and Joe.
• Born in Hinsdale, Illinois.
• A marketing major in Notre Dame's Mendoza College of Business.
Goals: 2 (5x - vs. Merrimack on 1/16/16)
Assists: 3 (at Pen State on 10/16/15)
Points: 3 (3x - at Penn State on 10/16/15)
Multi-Point Games: 11
Point Streak: 6 games (Twice: Dec. 6-Jan. 17, 2014; 6-4-10 & Jan. 2-22, 2016; 5-2-7)