The senior captain has signed an entry-level contract.
Cal Petersen made 39 saves and Dylan Malmquist scored the game winner.
Notre Dame has drawn an impressive array of talent through its pipeline from Minneapolis suburb to South Bend.
No fewer than 24 Edina natives have come to Notre Dame to play or coach hockey for the Fighting Irish, including five members of this year's squad.
Fogarty is one 20 nominees for the award.
Notre Dame closed out the regular season with a thrilling 1-0 win over Boston University on senior night.
Notre Dame vs Boston University, Friday night 2/26
Notre Dame and Boston college play on 1/29/16
Trailing 3-1 at 7:05 of the third period, No. 18 Notre Dame scored three straight goals to post a 4-3, come-from-behind win at third-ranked Boston College on Thursday night at Conte Forum (4,863).
Notre Dame Men's Ice Hockey falls to St. Cloud State on 03-30-2013.
IN THE PROS
• Signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the New York Rangers (March 29), beginning with the 2016-17 season.
• Signed an ATO to close out the 2015-16 season with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League.
• Played in three games for Hartford and registered an assist.
AS A SENIOR
• Served as the team captain for the second year in a row, becoming the 15th two-year captain in Notre Dame hockey history.
• A member of Notre Dame’s Rosenthal Leadership Academy.
• One of 20 nominees for the 2016 Senior CLASS award.
• Played in all 37 games, scoring 10 goals and adding 13 assists for 23 points - all of which were career-high totals.
• Opened the season with his first career hat trick in Notre Dame’s season-opening win at Penn State (Oct. 16), while also adding an assist for a four-point night.
• It was the first Notre Dame hat trick since Robbie Russo scored three goals in last season’s 6-1 win at UConn (Jan. 18) and was the only hat trick of the 2015-16 season by a Notre Dame player.
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 3-3 tie versus Minnesota Duluth (Oct. 23).
• Scored Notre Dame’s first goal and added an assist in the 7-1 win over Western Michigan (Jan. 8).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 7-2 win over Merrimack (Jan. 15).
• Notched a goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 2-1 win at Vermont (Feb. 5).
AS A JUNIOR
• Served as a team captain and played in 39 games while registering career-high totals in goals (9), assists (12) and points (21).
• Had a career-high three power-play goals and tied for second on the team (and first among forwards) with a +8 plus/minus rating.
• Blocked 34 shots to lead all Irish forwards.
• Notched a career-high four points in Notre Dame’s 5-3 win over Lake Superior State (Oct. 17) on two goals and two assists.
• Had back-to-back two assist games versus UConn (Jan. 16 and 18).
• Scored two goals in Notre Dame’s 5-3 win over New Hampshire (Jan. 31).
• Skated in all six playoff games, scoring three goals and adding two assists for five points.
• Scored a goal in each Hockey East first round game against UMass.
• Named to the Hockey East All-Academic Team.
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Played in 33 of Notre Dame's 40 games during 2013-14, missing seven games due to injuries.
• Scored three goals with eight assists for 11 points.
• Notched two multi-point games and one game with two goals.
• Scored a pair of goals in 4-2 win against Lake Superior State (Jan. 18).
• Picked up the offense late in the season with four points over his last seven games.
• Recorded a pair of assists in 7-2 win over Boston College (Mar. 16) in game one of Hockey East quarterfinals.
• Played in six postseason games and recorded three assists.
AS A FRESHMAN
• Played in all 41 games, scoring five goals with five assists for 10 points.
• Had two power-play goals and two game winners.
• Had just two penalties for four minutes.
• Became Notre Dame's top shutdown center as the season went on.
• Scored his first collegiate goal and had the first two-goal game of his career in 3-2 win at Northern Michigan (Oct. 27).
• Picked up his third goal of the year in 4-0 win versus Western Michigan (Nov. 4) with goal coming via the power play and was the game winner.
• Helped set up Mario Lucia's goal in 2-1 win over Miami (Feb. 17) in the OfficeMax Hockey City Classic.
• Earned CCHA Gongshow rookie of the week honors for his weekend against Miami (Feb. 18).
• Had a four-game point streak (1g, 3a) from Feb. 9 through Feb. 22.
• Played in five postseason games and had no points.
• Selected in the third round, 72nd overall, of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the New York Rangers.
IN THE BCHL
• Joined the Irish after playing the 2011-12 season for the Penticton Vees of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL), where he was a teammate of Notre Dame teammates Mario Lucia and Chad Katunar.
• Finished seventh in scoring on the Vees with 33 goals and 49 assists for 82 points in 60 games.
• Had six power-play goals, four short-handed tallies and led the team with 10 game-winning goals.
• Penticton posted a 54-4-0-2 record en route to the regular season title.
• Along the way, the Vees set a North American junior hockey record by winning 42 consecutive games
• The Vees won the BCHL playoff title with a 12-2-0-1 record, defeating Powell River 4-0 for the Fred Page Cup with Fogarty scoring four goals with four assists in 15 games.
• Penticton then won Canada's national junior A hockey title - The RBC Cup - going 2-2 in the round-robin round and then defeating the Soo Thunderbirds in the semifinals, before winning a dramatic 4-3 decision in the championship game against the Woodstock Slammers where Fogarty had a goal and an assist and was named Player of the Game.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Graduated from Edina High School in Edina, Minnesota, where he was a three-time hockey letterwinner.
• Two-time all-Classic Lake Conference selection and a two-time honorable mention all-state selection in 2009-10 and 2010-11.
• As junior in 2009-10, led team in scoring with 21 goals with 19 assists for 40 points and was +16 to help Edina to the state AA championship.
• In 2010-11, served as team captain and was a candidate for Minnesota's "Mr. Hockey" Award as Edina lost in the state AA semifinals (had 26 goals and 25 assists for 51 points that season).
• Played in 21 games for Team Southwest in the preseason Upper Midwest Elite League and had 12 goals and 9 assists for 21 points.
• Following the high school season played in six games with the USHL's Chicago Steel where he had two goals .
• Joined a long line of Irish captains from Edina, Minn., including Anders Lee, Ryan Thang and Dan Carlson in recent years.
• Was also a high school teammate of Irish teammate Ben Ostlie at Edina High School.
• Son of William and Carol Fogarty and has one brother, Charles.
• Born in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
• Marketing major in Notre Dame's Mendoza College of Business.
Goals: 3 (at Penn State on 10/16/15)
Assists: 2 (6x - vs. Merrimack on 1/15/16)
Points: 4 (2x - at Penn State on 10/16/15)
Multi-Point Games: 14
Point Streak: 4 games (Feb. 9-22, 2013; 1-3-4)