• ACC Academic Honor Roll selection.
• Started all 21 matches in the Irish midfield.
• Notched a career-high seven points with one goal and five assists.
• Attempted a career-high 16 shots for the year, with eight officially registering on goal.
• Primary assist on the second Notre Dame goal of the season against UC Irvine at the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament.
• Scored first career goal in the first half of a home victory against No. 15 Virginia Tech.
• Picked up four assists over two games, notching two each in consecutive clean sheet wins against Pittsburgh and No. 6 Indiana.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2015):
• Played in all 22 matches, earning two starts in the midfield during the season.
• Finished the year with three assists, adding six shot attempts.
• Tallied the lone assist on a double overtime goal in a 1-0 Irish defeat of No. 14 Indiana at the adidas/IU Credit Union Classic.
• Added two assists as part of a 4-0 win over UAB during the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament.
AS A FRESHMAN (2014):
• Did not see game action.
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA:
• Member of U18 Crew Soccer Academy Wolves/Michigan Wolves in the United States Soccer Development Academy (USSDA) for three seasons.
• Two-time USSDA Finals Week qualifier and Central Conference champions in 2012 and 2013.
• Finished third nationally in 2012 and eighth nationally in 2013.
• 2012 USSDA Honoree.
• Best XI selected by US Soccer.
• 2013 USSDA #1 ranking starting percentage 100% (34 games).
• 2013 Top Drawer Soccer Best XI USSDA playoffs.
• Four-star ranking (out of five) according to Top Drawer Soccer.
• Ranked sixth in the Great Lakes Region.
• Ranked 50th nationally by College Soccer News.
• Two-time MLS Generation Adidas Cup selection (Columbus Crew).
• 2011 United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA) Michigan State Cup Tournament MVP.
• Two-time USYSA Michigan State Cup Champion (game-winning goal).
• 2009 USYSA Region II champion.
• Six-time US Soccer Training Center participant.
• Two-year member of the Olympic Development Program (ODP) Region II midfielder representing USA.
• Played internationally in England and Canada with his club team.
• Three-time Michigan ODP team.
• ID2 selection.
• Earned varsity letters during his freshman and sophomore years at Salem High School.
• Team MVP and KLAA all-conference midfielder.
• Licensed youth soccer referee.
• A volunteer youth soccer coach.
• Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business, majoring in management consulting.
Townes' Career Statistics