HONORS AND AWARDS:
2017 MLS SuperDraft First Round Pick (21st overall, Toronto FC)
2016 Notre Dame Monogram Club Most Valuable Player
2016 NSCAA All-America Third Team
2016 College Soccer News All-America Second Team
2016 NSCAA All-South Region First Team
2016 All-ACC First Team
2016 NSCAA Scholar All-America First Team
2015 ACC Championship All-Tournament Team
AS A SENIOR (2016):
• First round selection (21st overall) of Toronto FC during the 2017 MLS SuperDraft.
• 2016 NSCAA All-America Third-Team choice.
• Named to the College Soccer News All-America Second Team.
• Tabbed to the NSCAA Scholar All-America First Team.
• Member of the NSCAA All-South Region First Team.
• First team all-ACC.
• Was selected as the top player in the TopDrawerSoccer Midseason Men’s National Top 100.
• TopDrawerSoccer Men’s National Team of the Week recipient on both Aug. 30 and Sept. 13.
• Earned the start in all 21 matches at central defense for Notre Dame, tallying a career-high nine goals and 19 points from the Irish back line.
• Scored on nine of 13 official shot attempts on goal, and was a perfect 3-for-3 from the penalty spot.
• One of the defensive stalwarts on a back line that yielded an 0.82 goals against average and nine shutouts.
• Converted a penalty kick in the 62nd minute of a 4-0 win over UC Irvine in the opening game of the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament.
• Earned tournament most valuable defensive player honors with the game-winning penalty kick in the 41st minute of a clean sheet victory against New Mexico.
• Drilled the game-winning goal from 30 yards out on an overtime free kick to down eventual NCAA champion No. 4 Stanford at the adidas/IU Credit Union Classic.
• Notched the first hat trick by a Notre Dame player since Oct. 20, 2012 (Ryan Finley) by scoring in the 16th, 78th and 83rd minutes of a shutout of No. 15 Virginia Tech.
• Primary assist on the game-winning goal in the 103rd minute against UConn.
• Scored goals in consecutive starts against No. 6 Indiana and No. 11 Wake Forest.
• Connected on the opening Notre Dame goal during the first round of the ACC Championship against Duke.
AS A JUNIOR (2015):
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Selected as the Sept. 1 ACC Defensive Player of the Week and Top Drawer Soccer Men’s Soccer National Player of the Week.
• Started 20 games as a central defender.
• Established a career-high of eight points by scoring three goals and adding two assists.
• Totaled 25 shot attempts, 13 of which were on goal.
• Was an integral member of the defense during nine Irish shutouts.
• Connected on a successful penalty attempt for an insurance goal during a 2-0 win over No. 24 South Florida.
• Contributed the primary assist on the second Notre Dame goal at No. 3 North Carolina.
• Assisted on the lone Irish score during an ACC draw at No. 21 NC State.
• Tallied his second goal of the year in a 5-0 shutout of Pittsburgh on Senior Day – Notre Dame limited the Panthers to only four shots (two shots on goal).
• Scored the game-winning goal in the 87th minute of 1-0 Irish win over No. 17 Virginia in the quarterfinal round of the ACC Championship – Notre Dame defense held Virginia to four total shots in the ACC Quarterfinal, with only one attempt finding frame.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2014):
• Started all 21 matches at defender, playing the full 1,995 minutes during the season.
• Scored a career-high three goals for six total points.
• Key component of six team shutouts.
• Attempted 11 shots (eight on goal) over the course of the year.
• Notched a shot on goal and played the full 110 minutes of a 0-0 draw against No. 9 Georgetown at the adidas/IU Credit Union Classic.
• Headed in a free kick in the 75th minute to down No. 20 Syracuse 1-0.
• Fired two shots on goal in a double overtime win versus VCU.
• Played the full 90 minutes in a 1-0 win over No. 19 Northwestern.
• Finished a corner kick in the 35th minute of Notre Dame’s 3-0 win over No. 15 Virginia.
• Converted a successful penalty kick in the 30th minute of a 2-1 win over Ohio State in the second round of the NCAA Championship at Alumni Stadium.
• Won second career monogram.
AS A FRESHMAN (2013):
• Appeared in 14 games, including one start, as a central midfielder.
• Logged 272 minutes on the pitch, which were the most of any Notre Dame freshman during the 2013 season.
• Made his Irish debut when he came off the bench and played 11 minutes in a 2-1 win over SMU at the adidas/IU Credit Union Classic.
• Started against Virginia Tech and played a season-high 56 minutes in the 1-0 victory.
• Picked up his first career point when he assisted on Notre Dame's second goal in a 3-3 draw with Virginia in the semifinals of the ACC Championship.
• Had a season-high two shots against Northwestern and Pittsburgh.
• Earned a monogram.
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA:
• Member of the U18 Dallas Texans United States Soccer Development Academy (USSDA) club team.
• Rated as the 24th-best recruit in the class of 2013 by College Soccer News.
• Ranked as the 43rd best player nationally in the class of 2013 according to Top Drawer Soccer.
• Tapped as the third-best player in the state of Texas and the 20th-best midfielder in the nation by Top Drawer Soccer.
• Given a four-star ranking (out of five) by Top Drawer Soccer.
• USSDA Select Team in 2011-12 and 2012-13.
• In 2011-12, the Texans were the USSDA U15/16 Central Conference champions along with being a USSDA playoffs participant and Dallas Cup Super Group.
• Two-time U17 Disney Showcase champions.
• 2010-11 USSF Academy Playoffs Bracket champions and Finals Week participant.
• Played his freshman and sophomore seasons at Plano Senior High School.
• In 2011, Plano Senior was ranked ninth nationally and the squad captured the District 8-5A title, the Bi-District championship along with being Area champions.
• His 13 goals as a sophomore in '11 ranked second on the team.
• Named first team all-district in '11.
• During his freshman season in `10, Plano Senior was the Bi-District and Area champions in addition to being the District finalist and Regional qualifier.
• Honorable mention all-district as a freshman.
• Competed with the Dallas Texans 95 Red club team from 2005-10 and captained the team from 2008-10.
• Helped the squad to five State Cup titles and a regional finalist finish in `09.
• The Dallas Texans 95 Red were the `09 and `10 Classic League grand champions and the '09 Premiere League West champions.
• The team also took home the '09 Dallas Cup and the Disney Showcase title.
• `09 and `10 Manchester United Premier Cup team.
• Has experience playing overseas.
• Team was the '08 Gothia Cup (Sweden) grand champions and then finished as semifinalists in '09.
• '09 Tivoli Cup (Denmark) champions and finalists at the '08 Helsinki Cup (Finland).
• Hails from the same high school as former Notre Dame All-America soccer player and 2013 graduate Dillon Powers, who currently plays for the Colorado Rapids (MLS).
• Son of Jeffery and Donna Aubrey.
• Brother, Ryan, is a former goalkeeper at the University at Buffalo.
• Graduated from the College of Engineering with a degree in computer science.
Aubrey's Career Statistics