2016 ACC All-Academic Team
2016 Notre Dame Rockne Student-Athlete Award
AS A SENIOR (2016):
• Named to the ACC All-Academic Team.
• ACC Academic Honor Roll selection.
• Recipient of the Rockne Student-Athlete award.
• Appeared in 21 games during senior campaign, making six starts at forward.
• Scored a career-high five goals and added an assist for 11 points.
• Converted on five of seven official shot attempts, adding one game-winning goal.
• Opened 2017 Notre Dame goal ledger with a second half tally against No. 22 California at the adidas/IU Credit Union Classic.
• Connected on the opening goal in a draw against No. 11 Wake Forest.
• Delivered the game-winning tally in the first half against Michigan during next start.
• Added Notre Dame goals in consecutive road contests at Northwestern and Duke.
• Primary assist on the game-winning goal against Loyola in the second round of the NCAA Championship.
AS A JUNIOR (2015):
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Saw action in 21 matches and earned first career start during the 2015 season.
• Finished the season with six points after scoring three goals as part of the Notre Dame attack.
• Totaled 11 shot attempts, which included five shots on goal.
• Scored first career goal during the 69th minute of a contest at No. 3 North Carolina.
• Connected on the opening Notre Dame goal of a 3-1 Irish win over No. 4 Virginia at Alumni Stadium.
• Tallied his third and final goal during a 5-0 rout of Pittsburgh on Senior Day.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2014):
• Did not see action in a regular season match.
AS A FRESHMAN (2013):
• Did not play in a match.
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA:
• Three-time state champion in Minnesota.
• Three-time region II holdover for ODP.
• Represented Minnesota at ODP nationals in 2010 in Phoenix.
• Played three seasons at Shattuck-St. Mary's and captained the team during his senior campaign.
• Traveled with his club team, Minnesota United, to Turkey and Brazil and played against teams such as Fenerbahce's and Galatasaray's youth teams.
• Lived in Brazil for three months and trained at Ole Brasil FC.
• Lived in Barcelona for sixth months and played with a club team during that time.
• Son of Mark and Laura Gormley.
• Graduated from the College of Science with a degree in pre-professional studies (pre-med).
• Named to the dean's list in each semester as an undergraduate.
Gormley's Career Statistics