Oct. 17, 2012
NOTRE DAME, Ind. -
The Monogram Club will host its regular offering of home football weekend events Oct. 19-20 as the fifth-ranked football team prepares for its matchup with BYU on Saturday.
In addition, more than 30 members of Notre Dame's 1957 and 2002 baseball teams will return to campus to celebrate a co-reunion as the only Irish baseball squads to ever reach the College World Series. Monogram winners from all sports also will gather on the Notre Dame Stadium field pre-game to form the tunnel in which the current football team will run through.
A full schedule of Monogram Club events is included below:
Friday, October 19
- The College World Series reunion will kick off with a dinner from 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. on campus. Any baseball Monogram winner who has questions about the reunion can contact Reggie Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All dues-paying football Monogram winners and senior football managers are invited to attend the Monogram Club's Friday Night Football Reception held in the Schivarelli Players' Lounge located in the north end of Notre Dame Stadium. Football alumni may bring up to four guests to the reception. The lounge is open from 7:00-10:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 20
- The Notre Dame fencing program will host an official dedication for its new arena, the Castellan Family Fencing Center, at 10:00 a.m. The arena is located in the North Dome of the Joyce Center. An open house will follow from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. All are welcome to walk through the new facility.
- All dues-paying Monogram Club members are invited to attend the Club's pre-game reception beginning at 12:30 p.m. in the Monogram Room. The event runs until kickoff at 3:30 p.m. Dues-paying members may bring up to five guests to the event, which includes an appearance by the Notre Dame cheerleaders and the leprechaun. Complimentary food, drink and a cash bar will be provided. Remember, you must present your membership card to attend the reception.
- Monogram winners who have signed up for the pre-game tunnel in Notre Dame Stadium can pick up their pre-game field passes from 12:30 p.m.-2:45 p.m. in the Monogram Room during the Club's pre-game reception. If you still need to regsiter for the tunnel, contact Monogram Club staff member Sam Bailey at email@example.com
- The College World Series reunion tailgate will begin at noon. For more information on who to contact, see the dinner event section above.
- The Club's post-game Mass will start 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game against BYU (approx. 7 p.m.-7:30 p.m.) and will be led by athletics department chaplain Rev. Paul Doyle C.S.C. ('65) in the Monogram Room. Doors open for the Mass as soon as the game concludes.
If you have any questions about the above events, please contact the Monogram Club office at (574) 631-5450.
-- ND --