The women's lacrosse team utilized the Team Hosting Program to attend a 2010 production of "The Lion King" in New York City.
Pre-Approval Form in PDF Format
The Team Hosting Program is intended to enhance the athletic team's visit and experience in a particular city and should contain spiritual, educational and/or entertainment opportunities (e.g. concerts, tours, museum visits, etc). The Monogram Club will reimburse an alumni club for an event only if it is different from one that the Athletic Department would regularly pay for as part of the team's travel schedule. For example: concerts, plays, historical site visits, etc. with alumni. Below are some guidelines that we hope will prove helpful while planning events for our athletic teams:
- Pre-approval must be obtained before event is scheduled to take place. Event proposals are reviewed by the Monogram Club and the Athletic Department's Compliance Office. No reimbursement will be issued if prior approval was not received.
- Reimbursement will only be issued for the team's official travel party and the alumni club host and a guest (maximum of two individuals).
- Original receipts must be submitted to receive reimbursement.
- If the cost of an event exceeds the amount approved, the overage will not be reimbursed until the end of the fiscal year and only if there are still funds available in the hosting budget.
- Alcohol at any event involving student-athletes is strictly prohibited.
- Parents, family members and/or friends of current Notre Dame student-athletes are not eligible to participate in this program (will not be offered reimbursement) due to NCAA regulations.
The Monogram Club requires that a written report describing the event and its attendance be submitted along with original receipts within 30 days of event.
Questions and inquiries may be directed to the Notre Dame Monogram Club by calling 574-631-5450 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.