Texas A&M-Minnesota Notes
March 24, 2009
- Today's game marked the sixth meeting between Minnesota and Texas A&M, with the series now tied 3-3. The last meeting came in 2003 with the Gophers taking home the victory, 88-72.
- Today's game was the first NCAA Tournament meeting between the Gophers and the Aggies.
- Both the Minnesota and Texas A&M squads have a player named Tanisha Smith on their rosters.
- Ashley Ellis-Milan's 7-8 (87.5%) shooting on the evening is the second-highest individual shooting percentage in an NCAA Tournament game in Minnesota history.
- Emily Fox's two points on the evening tied a season low for the senior. The other occasion came at Wisconsin (12/29/08). It was also the first time all season Fox did not record a field goal.
- Brianna Mastey's five points tied her career high. She also scored five against St. Mary's (12/1/08) and Iowa (1/11/09).
- Katie Ohm's lone three-point field goal on the day moved her into sole possession of first place all-time for three-point field goals made in a season with 74. She tied the previous record holders, Lindsay Lieser and Shannon Schonrock (73), against Notre Dame in the first round.
- Brianna Mastey's four blocks on the evening set a new career high for the freshman and also ties for the most blocks for a Gopher player in a game this season (Zoe Harper at Northwestern). Her previous career high was one.
- Minnesota's 32 turnovers on the evening were the most turnovers committed by the Gophers on the season, as well as the most turnovers ever committed in an NCAA Tournament game.
- The 31-point loss to the Aggies is the largest margin of defeat in an NCAA Tournament game in Minnesota history.
- Minnesota's one three-point basket on the evening was a season low.
- Kristen Dockery, a South Bend St. Joseph's graduate, saw action in the second half against the Aggies.
- Emily Fox recorded four steals for the second straight game, the fifth time this season she has had at least four steals in a game.
- The win for the Aggies earned them their second straight trip to the Sweet 16 and third overall in the program's history (1994, 2008).
- The win also gives the Aggies 27 wins on the season, the second most in program history, just behind last season's 29 wins.
- Danielle Gant's four rebounds today give her 913 for her career, passing Lisa Jordon (911) for second all-time at Texas A&M.
- Danielle Gant's 20 points today marked her fourth 20-plus point performance in the NCAA Tournament.
- La Toya Micheaux's two blocks tonight give her 91 for her career, which moved her past Lisa Jordan (90) for fifth all-time in career blocks at Texas A&M.
- The Aggies recorded a season-high 20 steals against the Gophers. The previous season high was 18, set against Evansville in the first round.
- Minnesota's 32 turnovers today marked the most turnovers forced by the Aggies all season. The previous season high was 30 coming against Evansville in the first round.
- Sydney Colson made three three-pointers in the game. Fourteen of her 31 three-pointers on the season have come in the last six games.
- Sydney Colson set a new career high with six steals in the game, besting her career high of five, which she accomplished three times.
- Sydney Carter also set a new career high in steals with four, besting her career high of three (also accomplished three times).