- Qualified for the U.S. Women’s Amateur in San Diego, California (August 7th-13th)
As A Sophomore
- Selected to All-ACC Academic Women's Golf Team, and earned WGCA (Women's Golf Coach Association) All-American Scholar Honors
- Finished first on the team with a 73.44 stroke average, the second lowest single-season mark in program history (heading into NCAA Regional play).
- Competed in all of Notre Dame's nine events in the 2016-17 season and was the top Fighting Irish finisher five times.
- First on team with 10 rounds at par or better, four of those being under par (three in the 60's) and six being at even par.
- She had 24 of her 27 rounds counted towards team scoring.
- Had one top-10 finish, three top-20 finishes, and two top-25 finishes.
- Finished tied for 10th at the opening fall tournament, the Schooner Fall Classic (Sept. 24-25) shooting rounds of 69-73-69=211 (-2).
- Finished tied for 34th at the Jim West Challenge (Oct. 09-10) shooting rounds of 68-73-78+220 (+4).
- Finished tied for 67th at the Betsy Rawls Longhorn Invitational (Oct. 17-18) shooting rounds of 79-83-72=234 (+18).
- Finished tied for 45th at the Landfall Tradition (Oct. 28-30) shooting rounds of 75-76-75=226 (+10).
- Finished tied for 22nd at the opening spring tournament, the Florida State Matchup (Feb. 10-12) shooting rounds of 74-72=146.
- Finished tied for 23rd at the Westbrook Spring Invitational (Feb. 26-27) shooting rounds of 73-74-72=219 (+3).
- Finished tied for 16 at the Notre Dame Clover Cup (Mar. 17-19) shooting rounds of 72-73-74=219 (+3).
- Finished tied for 11th at the Bryan National Collegiate (Mar. 31- Apr. 02) shooting rounds of 71-72-73=216 (E).
- Finished tied for 17th at the ACC Championships (Apr. 13-15) shooting rounds of 74-72-73=219 (+3).
- Qualified for the 2017 NCAA Columbus Regional as an individual entrant, becoming the second player in program history to qualify for NCAA Regional play as an individual, joining Noriko Nakasaki in 2007.
- Won Florida State Women's Amateur Championship, defeating incoming Iowa freshman Sophie Liu, 5 & 4 in the title match - closed out four of her five matches by the 16th hole after qualifying third for the 32-player match play field with even-par 144 (74-70) during stroke play.
AS A FRESHMAN
- All-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Academic Team pick.
- finished second on team with 74.44 stroke average (seventh-lowest single-season mark in program history).
- Competed in 11 tournaments (started nine times, played twice as individual).
- Placed in the top 25 in eight events, including two top-10 finishes and five top-15 outings.
- Team-high 96.2 percent of her rounds as a starter (25 of 26) counted towards team score.
- Third on team with eight rounds at par or better (six of those under par and one in the 60s).
- Tied for ninth with nine-over par 225 (80-72-73) in college debut as individual at Mary Fossum Invitational.
- Made first appearance in starting lineup at weather-shortened Schooner Fall Classic and posted team-best 12th-place finish at three-under par 139 (71-68) -- set 36-hole school scoring record and matched sixth-lowest single-round gross score in program history.
- Started at Chip-N Club Invitational and tied for 14th place with career-low score of five-over par 221 (74-74-73), helping Irish to 30-shot win and second-lowest 54-hole score relative to par in school history (860/-4).
- Competed as individual at Cardinal Cup and tied for ninth at five-over par 221 (71-75-75), matching the best finish and (at the time) the best 54-hole score of her career.
- Closed fall season with tie for 24th place at Landfall Tradition, firing four-over par 220 (75-74-71) as part of Irish lineup that finished second at tournament, posted the fourth-lowest score relative to par in program history (866/+2) and defeated 11 ranked teams (four in top 20) along the way.
- Picked up where she left off in spring opener with (then) career-low three-over par 219 (71-75-73) and 33rd-place tie at Westbrook Spring Invitational.
- Fired career-low two-over par 218 (77-71-70) en route to tie for 12th place at Clover Cup.
- Tied for 45th place at LSU Tiger Classic with 19-over par 235 (79-79-77).
- Tied for 42nd at Bryan National Collegiate after shooting 16-over par 232 (78-76-78) - first-round 78 was only round that did not count to team score all season.
- Finished in tie for 17th place at ACC Championship with six-over par 222 (75-74-73) - became eighth ND freshman in past six years to finish in top 25 at conference tournament.
- Capped rookie year with team-best tie for 24th at NCAA Birmingham Regional with 14-over par 230 (76-75-79), winding up five shots off individual cutline to advance to NCAA Championship - seventh ND golfer/third ND freshman to place in top 25 at NCAA regional (first freshman ever to do so away from Warren Golf Course).
- Qualified as second alternate for U.S. Women's Amateur Championship from Vero Beach (Florida) sectional after posting even-par 72, the second consecutive year she earned alternate status for U.S. Women's Amateur.
- 2014 Hewlett-Packard Scholastic Junior All-America Team selection (presented by American Junior Golf Association).
- 2013 HP Scholastic Honor Roll choice.
- Ranked as high as No. 31 in Class of 2015 by Golfweek/Sagarin junior rankings.
- Ranked as high as No. 36 according to Golfweek Power 50.
- Ranked as high as No. 53 by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- Ranked as high as No. 104 in AJGA/Polo rankings.
- Combined 76.69 stroke average in 60 junior and amateur tournaments during four years prior to enrolling at Notre Dame (2012-15), earning five medalist honors and 36 top-10 finishes in that span.
- tallied 76.02 stroke average in 12 tournaments during 2015 calendar year, collecting one win and six top-10 finishes.
- Majority of time in 2015 spent on Florida Junior Tour (run by Florida State Golf Association), where she posted 75.83 stroke average in seven tournaments, earning one medalist citation and placing in top 10 five times.
- Shared medalist honors during stroke play at 2015 Florida Junior Amateur Match Play Championship (148, +4) and advanced to round of 16 in tournament.
- Tied for second at 2015 Florida Junior Tour West Orange Country Club event (153, +11).
- Tied for third at 2015 FJT Eagle Creek Golf Club tournament (144, -2).
- Shared fourth place at 2015 Florida Girls' Junior Amateur Championship (225, +9).
- Also competed in five American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) events during 2015 season, logging 76.25 stroke average.
- Best finish was second-place showing by one stroke at 2015 AJGA EaglesDream Golf Academy Junior Open (220, +4).
- Registered 74.38 stroke average in 16 tournaments during 2014 season, posting two wins and 10 top-10 finishes.
- Part of 2014 results included eight Florida Junior Tour events in which she carded 74.17 stroke average with one victory and seven top-10 finishes.
- Won 2014 AJGA Junior hosted by Ocala-Marion Sports Commission (215, -1) and 2014 Florida Junior Tour event at Lake Wales (146, +4).
- Qualified for match play at 2014 United States Golf Association (USGA) Girls' Junior Amateur Championship (147, +3) before falling in round of 64.
- Qualified as alternate during sectional qualifying for 2014 U.S. Women's Amateur Championship (76) Tied for second at 2014 Florida State Girls' Junior Championship (221, +8).
- Tied for fifth at 2014 Florida Women's Amateur Stroke Play Championship.
- Advanced to round of 16 in match play at 2014 Florida State Women's Amateur Championship, eliminating 2012 U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur champion Meghan Stasi on the 20th hole in the round of 32 after registering 151 (+7) in stroke play qualifier.
- Logged 76.71 stroke average in 18 events during 2013 season, including one win and 12 top-10 finishes As part of that 2013 total, played in 10 Florida Junior Tour events, compiling 76.19 stroke average with one victory and nine top-10 finishes (plus quarterfinalist berth in match play at Florida State Women's Amateur Championship).
- Won 2013 Florida Junior Tour event at LPGA International (149, +5).
- In 2012, tallied 80.21 stroke average during 14 tournaments, collecting one victory and nine top-10 finishes, including 2012 Florida Junior Tour win at Santa Lucia.
- Graduated from Father Lopez High School in Daytona Beach, Florida
- Two-time Daytona Beach News-Journal All-Area Girls Golfer of the Year (2013, 2014)
- Four-time Daytona Beach News-Journal All-Area First Team (2011-14)
- High school fielded girls' golf team for first time during her senior year, after she played on school's boys' golf team and competed as individual in girls' tournaments her first three seasons (golf is a fall sport in Florida)
- Posted a 70.20 stroke average in 2014
- Finished second at 2014 Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) Region 3-1A Tournament (68) and tied for 26th at 2014 FHSAA Class 1A State Tournament (158, +14)
- Fired career-low and tournament-record bogey-free 62 (-7) at 2013 Volusia-Flagler Tournament at Hidden Lakes Golf Club in New Smyrna Beach, Florida
- Won 2013 FHSAA Region 3-1A girls' title (competing as individual), and placed 14th at 2013 FHSAA Class 1A State Tournament (148, +4).
- Full name is Emma Vandermillen Albrecht.
- Daughter of Annie and Eric Albrecht, and the oldest of two children.
- Mother, Annie, played four years (1985-86 through 1988-89) on women's golf team at Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas, leading the Shockers in stroke average during her first three seasons and winning 1987 Gateway Collegiate Athletic Conference Tournament medalist honors while helping WSU to team title (conference later merged with Missouri Valley Conference).
- Father, Eric, played three seasons (1987-88 through 1989-90) on men's golf team at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia, and went on to serve more than 12 years (1998-2010) as LPGA's vice president of marketing, working closely with several Hall of Famers including Annika Sorenstam and Karrie Webb.
- Second Florida native to play for Notre Dame and first since two-time team captain and St. Petersburg resident Shane Smith competed for the Fighting Irish from 1998-2001
- Ranked No. 2 (out of 127 students) in her high school class with a 4.58 cumulative grade-point average.
- served in various roles in high school student government
- Recently completed Notre Dame's unique First Year of Studies program and has expressed interest in pursuing her bachelor's degree in biology.
- Spent portion of 2017 summer on an academic trip to Greece with teammate Maddie Rose Hamilton and several other Notre Dame student-athletes.
Albrecht's Career Statistics
|Year||Tournaments||Rds/Tm Rds||Count||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 36||Top 54||Top Finish (Field) - Event (Score)|
|2015-16||11||32/26||25||2,382||74.44||68 (-3)||139 (-3)||218 (+2)||T-9th, twice - Mary Fossum Invitational (225)/Cardinal Cup (221)|
|2016-17||10||30/24||25||2,207||73.56||68 (-4)||141 (-3)||211 (-2)||T-10th, Schooner Fall Classic (211, -2)|
|Total||21||62/50||2,589||74.01||68 (-3)||139 (-3)||211 (-2)||T-9th, twice- Mary Fossum Invitational (225)/Cardinal Cup (221)|