As a Sophomore
- Finished the 2016-17 season with a 75.38 stroke average (4th lowest on team).
- Finished 3rd on team shooting even and under par, carding four rounds, three of which were under par (one in the 60’s) and one at even par.
- Competed in seven of Notre Dame’s nine events in the 2016-17 season, starting in the top five each tournament.
- 19 of her 21 rounds counted towards the team score.
- Finished T-27th at the opening fall tournament, the Schooner Fall Classic (Sept. 24-26) shooting rounds of 69-78-72=219 (+6).
- Finished T-30 at the Jim West Challenge (Oct. 9-10) shooting rounds of 71-73-75=219 (+3).
- Finished T-50 at the Betsy Rawls Longhorn Invitational (Oct. 17-18) shooting rounds of 78-80-71=229 (+13).
- Finished T-52 at The Landfall Tradition (Oct. 28-30) shooting rounds of 77-73-77=227 (+11).
- Made spring debut competing at the Notre Dame Clover Cup (Mar. 17-19) finishing T-56 shooting rounds of 79-76-75=230 (+14).
- Finished T-31 at the Bryan National Collegiate (Mar. 31- Apr. 02) shooting rounds of 72-76-76=224 (+8).
- Finished 49th at the ACC Women’s Golf Championships (Apr. 13-15) shooting rounds of 82-75-78=235 (+19).
AS A FRESHMAN
- Appeared in all 11 tournaments for the Irish (10 as a starter).
- Finished fourth on team with a 75.88 stroke average.
- Had four top 20 finishes.
- Ranked fifth on team with five rounds at par or better (three below par, and two in the 60’s).
- Finished tied for 11th place in college debut at the Mary Fossum Invitational (Sept. 12- 13) shooting rounds of 75-74-77=226 (+10).
- Finished tied for 44th at weather- shortened Schooner Fall Classic (Sept. 19- 21) shooting rounds of 77-74=151 (+9).
- Competed as an individual at the Chip- N- Club Invitational (Oct. 5- 6) finishing tied for 4th place shooting rounds of 73-72-71=216 (E).
- Finished tied for 54th at the Cardinal Cup (Oct. 19- 20) shooting rounds of 76-73-84=233 (+17).
- Finished tied for 19th at the Landfall Tradition (Oct. 23-25) shooting rounds of 77-74-68=219 (+3).
- Finished tied for 48th in spring opener at the Westbrook Invitational (Feb. 21-22) shooting rounds of 74-76-72=222 (+6).
- Finished tied for 17th at the Notre Dame Clover Cup (Mar. 11-13) shooting rounds of 77-74-69=220 (+4).
- Finished tied for 56th at the LSU Tiger Classic (Mar. 20-22) shooting rounds of 80-79-80=239 (+23).
- Finished tied for 26th at the Bryan National Collegiate (Apr. 1-3) shooting rounds of 77-75-76=228 (+12).
- Finished tied for 52nd in first ACC Championship (Apr. 15-17) shooting rounds of 78-78-79=235 (+19).
- Finished tied for 63rd at NCAA Birmingham Regional (May 5-7) shooting rounds of 74-81-84=239 (+23).
- Golfweek Junior Girls National Player of the Week (March, 9. 2015).
- 2014 Rolex/American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) Junior All- America honorable mention selection.
- 2013 Hewlett- Packard Scholastic Honor Roll choice (presented by AJGA).
- 2013 Kentucky Golf Association Junior Player of the Year.
- 2012 Plantations Junior Tour Player of the Year.
- Ranked as high as No. 15 in class of 2015 by Golfweek/Sagarin junior rankings.
- Ranked as high as No. 27 in AJGA/Polo rankings.
- Ranked as high as No. 32 according to Golfweek Power 50 and Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- Member of East Team for 2015 edition of prestigious AJGA Wyndham Cup match play tournament, posting a 1-2-1 record in four matches.
- Had combined 74.42 stroke average in 40 junior and amateur tournaments during final three junior golf seasons (2013-15), winning 11 times, and recording 29 top-10 finishes in that span.
- Registered 73.68 stroke average in seven junior tournaments during 2015 calendar year, logging two wins and six top-10 finishes.
- Won 2015 AJGA Music City Junior Championship (217, +1) and 2015 Future Collegians World Tour (FCWT) event at Saddlebrook Resort (Florida) (145, +5).
- Finished second at 2015 Under Armour/Jeff Overton Championship at Otter Creek (214, -2).
- Compiled 74.30 stroke average in 14 tournaments during 2014 season, earning two victories and nine top-10 finishes.
- Won 2014 Kentucky Section PGA Qualifier at Maywood Country Club (137,-3).
- Won 2014 AJGA Huntsville Junior Championship (222,+6).
- Finished 26th at 2014 Junior PGA Championship (300,+12).
- Posted 74.79 stroke average in 19 tournaments during 2013 season, earning seven wins and 14 top-10 finishes.
- Won 2013 PGA Junior Series event at Kearney Hills (213,-3) to qualify for Junior PGA Championship.
- Placed 23rd at 2013 Junior PGA Championship (294,+6).
- Finished second at 2013 USGA Girls’ Junior Amateur Championship qualifier (76,+4).
- Tied for 64th in stroke play at 2013 USGA Girls’ Junior Amateur Championship (155, +11), falling in play- off to advance to match- play.
- Won 2013 Golfweek Junior Tour Championship at University of Kentucky (212, -1).
- Won two Plantations Junior Golf Tour events (Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and Lexington, Kentucky).
- Also had two Hurricane Junior Tour wins (Louisville, and Owensboro, Kentucky).
- Won Musselman Dunn Junior Tour event at University of Louisville (148,+4).
- Carded two aces during her junior golf career.
- Graduated from Sacred Heart Academy in Louisville, Kentucky.
- 2013 Kentucky Miss Golf.
- 2013 Sacred Heart Academy Athlete of the Year.
- Three-time all state selection (2012-14).
- Four time all-region choice (2011-14), and four time all-county pick (2011-14).
- Helped Sacred Heart win four Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) state championships during her career.
- Led team to state records for largest margin of victory (43 stokes in 2011) and lowest team score (615 in 2013).
- Individually won 17 high school tournaments, including 2013 KHSAA regional and prestigious Sacred Heart Bunny Daugherty Invitational twice (2013 and 2014).
- Posted a 71.50 stroke average as a senior in 2014, winning four invitational tournaments, placing second at regional tournament (70,-2) and fifth at state tournament (146,+2).
- Made 14- foot putt on final regulation hole of state tournament to force team playoff that Sacred Heart won.
- Registered 71.00 stroke average in junior season (2013), winning nine tournaments and shooting under par in 10 of 16 competitive rounds.
- Won regional title (71,-1) and placed second at state tournament (145,+1).
- Won Bunny Daugherty Invitational at Hurstbourne Country Club with course record 66.
- Took third at state tournament as a sophomore in 2012 (149,+5).
- Full name is Madeleine Rose Hamilton.
- Daughter of Kim and Vince Hamilton, and is the oldest of two children.
- Brother, Allen, plays golf at the University of Kentucky.
- Father, Vince, Played golf at University of Kentucky from 1981-85, earning Academic All-Southeastern Conference honors in 1983-84.
- Second player from state of Kentucky to play for the Fighting Irish (joining Lauren Fuchs, from Louisville, who played two seasons for Notre Dame ((2000-2002)).
- Near forefront of her high school with a 3.95 cumulative GPA.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business pursuing an undergraduate degree in business.
- Spent portion of 2017 summer on an academic trip to Greece with teammate Emma Albrecht and several other Notre Dame student- athletes.
Hamilton's Career Statistics
|Year||Tournaments||Rds/Tm Rds||Count||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 36||Top 54||Top Finish (Field) - Event (Score)|
|2015-16||11||32/29||25||2,428||75.88||68 (-4)||151 (+9)||216 (E)||T-4th (75) - Chip-N Club Invitational (216)|
|2016-17||7||21/21||19||1,583||75.38||69 (-3)||144 (E)||216 (E)||T-4th (75) - Chip-N Club Invitational (216)|
|Totals||18||53/48||44||4,011||75.67||68 (-4)||144 (E)||216 (E)||T-4th Chip-N Club Invitational|
Maddie Rose Hamilton