National Soccer Coaching Seminar
To: Registered Clinic Participant
From: National Soccer Coaching Seminar Staff
Address: 107 Joyce Center, Notre Dame, IN 46556
Phone: (574) 631-5870
Thank you for registering for the 2012 National Soccer Coaching Seminar at the University of Notre Dame on March 16 & 17. We anticipate another great turnout and are anxious to welcome you as our guest for the two-day event.
In order to make your seminar experience as enjoyable as possible, please note the following:
- Directions - From Points East and West: Take the Indiana Toll Road (Hwy 80/90) to Exit #77. After the toll booth, follow the signs to Notre Dame (Rt. 933 South). At the end of the ramp, go Right at the light onto 933. You will then take a Left on Angela Blvd. Proceed East on Angela Blvd. and take a Left on Leahy Dr. You will park in the large parking lot in front of the Joyce Center Basketball Arena on your Left (C1 Parking Lot). From Points South: Take Rt. 31 North to South Bend and go through the Downtown area. Turn Right on Angela Blvd. (approx. 1 mile north of downtown). Follow Angela and take a Left on Leahy Dr. You will park in the large parking lot in front of the Joyce Center Basketball Arena on your Left (C1 Parking Lot).
- Parking in the C1 Lot - Due to parking regulations on campus, no parking is available in front of the Loftus Center. All clinic participants must park in the C1 Parking Lot in front of the Joyce Center Basketball Arena or risk ticketing and towing. Please visit our website at www.nd.edu/maps/ if you need more information not included in the directions above.
- Registration Site and Time - Clinic registration will be held in the Loftus Center from 8:00 - 8:30 am on Friday, March 16. The Loftus Center is located adjacent to the Joyce Center Basketball Arena on the North East side just North of the Football Practice Fields. The first session will begin promptly at 8:30 am.
- Time - For those of you traveling from the west, just a reminder that we are on Eastern Time.
- Loftus Entrance - Loftus is the indoor facility that we will use for every field session. Everyone must enter the Loftus Center through the glass doors on the South Side of the Building.
- Receipt - You can obtain a signed receipt at registration.
Host Hotels - This year's "Official Host Hotels" are the Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka and the Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend.
Make sure to mention you are with the National Soccer Coaching Seminar when making your reservations.
Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka
215 West Day Road
Mishawaka, IN 46545
Rate: $92 (Reservation Code G-002)
Complimentary Continental Breakfast Included
- Coaches' Reception- Dinner will be available at the coaches' reception Friday night in the nightclub section of Legends Restaurant & Alehouse Pub on Notre Dame campus. Coaches will be able to meet and talk with clinicians in an informal setting.
NSCAA Professional Development Certificate -
Certain approved educational symposiums (state AGM's, scholastic, collegiate or club sponsored) may receive endorsement as a distinguished educational event. These events are designated as NSCAA Professional Development Certificate events. The educational event must adhere to the following criteria:
- Must feature an NSCAA National Staff Coach
- Must have at least 12 hours of instruction
- Must have at least one session on technical training
- Must have at least one session on systems of play
The Professional Development Certificates are mainly aimed at high school coaches and people taking the master coach course who need CEU's. There are some high school federations who will recognize this certificate for CEU's as well.
In order to receive the certificate, you must request one at registration. Immediately following the seminar, this list of coaches will be sent to the NSCAA who will in turn mail the certificate directly to each coach. Please allow 2-4 weeks to process.
Once again, thank you for your registration and if you have any questions regarding the Seminar, please don't hesitate to give us a call. We look forward to seeing you March 16th.