2016 Schutt Sports/NFCA Division I National Freshman of the Year Top 10 Finalist
2016 NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region First Team
2016 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Second Team
2016 Atlantic Coast Conference Championship All-Tournament Team
2016 Atlantic Coast Conference All-Academic Team
AS A FRESHMAN (2016):
• Top 10 finalist for the Schutt Sports/NFCA Division 1 National Freshman of the Year award -- joined sister Karley as Notre Dame finalists for national freshman of the year in the first three seasons of the award’s existence.
• NFCA Mid-Atlantic all-region first team choice.
• All-ACC second team selection.
• Named to the 2016 ACC Championship All-Tournament team.
• All-ACC Academic Team selection.
• Appeared in all 56 games (56 starts) during the season with time divided between second base and left field.
• Ranked second on the Notre Dame roster with a .423 batting average, 77 hits, 48 runs and 22 stolen bases.
• Also finished with 40 RBI, a .443 on base percentage and a .451 slugging percentage.
• 38 of the 77 hits were officially credited as infield singles.
• Set a Notre Dame single-season freshman record with 72 singles.
• Tied Gessica Hufnagle (2007) with the most successful sacrifice bunts in any Irish season with 22 in 2016 – sacrifice hit total led the ACC.
• Ranked second on the Irish roster with 22 multiple-hit outings, and added nine multi-RBI outings.
• Closed the season riding a 15-game hit streak.
• Batted .386 (34-for-88) with runners in scoring position, and hit at a .393 clip (22-for-56) with two outs.
• Scored at least one run in 23 of first 25 collegiate games.
• Scored two runs in second career game against No. 18 Kentucky (Feb. 12).
• Went 2-for-4 with first career RBI the following day against No. 21 California (Feb. 13).
• Scored two runs and stole first career base against No. 11 Washington (Feb. 19).
• Went 2-for-3 with two RBI, a stolen base and a run scored against Cal Poly (Feb. 20).
• Finished 2-for-4 with a career-high three RBI, a stolen base and a run later in the day in a win over No. 8 UCLA (Feb. 20).
• Ripped three hits, including a double, and added a run and a stolen base in a win over No. 22 UCF (Feb. 26).
• Added three hits and scored two runs in a victory against North Florida (Feb. 27).
• Went 2-for-4 with a run scored in a victory the next day against Penn State (Feb. 28).
• Logged two base hits, a stolen base and drove in two runs in a triumph over Stony Brook (March 5) at Florida Gulf Coast.
• Added two more hits, two runs scored and an RBI in second game of the weekend against Stony Brook (March 6).
• Went 3-for-4 with two stolen bases and two runs scored later in the day against Ball State (March 6).
• Drove in three runs and scored twice in a game one doubleheader win at FIU (March 9).
• Went a perfect 4-for-4, including a double with an RBI and a run scored in the nightcap against FIU (March 9).
• 2-for-4 with two RBI at home against Eastern Michigan (March 22).
• Went 2-for-4 with a stolen base and a run in the first game of an ACC series at Syracuse (March 25).
• Finished 2-for-4 with one run scored in game one of a doubleheader against No. 9 Florida State (April 3).
• 3-for-4 with two RBI, a stolen base and two runs scored against IUPUI (April 5).
• Perfect 3-for-3 with a stolen base and a run scored in a midweek win versus DePaul (April 27).
• Logged two hits, an RBI and scored twice in a win over Louisville (May 1).
• Finished with four total hits and drove in two runs during the ACC Championship at NC State (May 12-14) to earn all-tournament team honors.
• Drove in a pair of runs in NCAA Championship debut against Miami (Ohio) at the NCAA Ann Arbor Regional (May 20).
• Finished a perfect 3-for-3 with an RBI and a stolen base against No. 2 Michigan (May 22) in the NCAA Ann Arbor Regional final.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Letterwinner at Edison High School.
• Selected as the Sunset League co-most valuable player and named to the MaxPreps California Large School all-state team as a senior after batting .520 with 10 doubles, four home runs, 17 RBI and 30 runs scored, reaching base at a .529 clip with a .740 slugging percentage.
• Added 27 stolen bases in 27 attempts.
• Named the Chargers most valuable player as a junior team captain in 2014 after batting .422 with 13 stolen bases.
• Tabbed to the all-Sunset League first team.
• Swiped 20 bags while adding a .351 clip during sophomore year at Edison, also earning first team all-Sunset League honors.
• .421 average and 20 stolen bases during freshman campaign, earning team rookie of the year accolades.
• Also won varsity letters in volleyball (two) and basketball (one) during prep career.
• Most recently competed with the Firecrackers-Rico on the club circuit.
• Club squad won the Colorado Fireworks and Triple Crown Sports tournaments in 2013.
• Attended the same high school as former Irish standouts Dani Miller ('12) and Casey Africano ('16).
• Daughter of Gary and Sue Wester.
• Has two sisters, Karley and Riley.
• Father, Gary, competed in track and field the University of Wisconsin.
• Sister, Karley, has been a two-time NFCA All-American at Notre Dame.
• Sister, Riley, is a Notre Dame softball signee from the graduating high school class of 2017.
• Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.
Wester's Career Statistics