2017 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
2016 NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region Third Team
2015 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
AS A JUNIOR (2017):
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Appeared in 35 games during junior campaign, making 15 starts in the Notre Dame outfield.
• Finished the season with one RBI, a stolen base and nine runs scored.
• Stole lone base of the year and scored a run to open the season against Weber State (Feb. 10).
• Key sacrifice fly and run scored in a win over No. 11 Georgia (Feb. 24) at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic.
• Added a base hit the following day to help defeat eventual NCAA champion No. 4 Oklahoma (Feb. 25).
• Drew a walk and scored a run in a start against FIU (March 4).
• Perfect 2-for-2 with a run scored against Chattanooga (March 5).
• Scored a pair of runs during series sweep of Virginia Tech (March 24-25).
• Added two runs for the Irish during a series victory at Louisville (April 1-3).
• Scored as a pinch runner in a home victory against IUPUI (April 12).
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016):
• NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region Third-Team selection.
• Named the ACC Player of the Week on April 18.
• Appeared in 51 games (46 starts) during the season.
• Posted a .360 batting average, seven doubles, four triples, 24 RBI, a .413 on base percentage and a .480 slugging percentage to go along with 34 runs scored.
• Triples total was the second-most in the ACC.
• Finished 5-for-6 in stolen base attempts.
• Led all Notre Dame hitters with a .404 average (19-for-47) with runners in scoring position.
• Enjoyed breakout offensive game by reaching base in all four plate appearances, going 2-for-2 with two runs scored in a run-rule win against Utah Valley (Feb. 19).
• 2-for-3 with a double, a career-high three RBI and a run scored against Cal Poly (Feb. 20).
• Rocked two hits, including a double, scored twice in an upset win over No. 8 UCLA (Feb. 20).
• Finished 2-for-3 with two RBI and one run against Penn State (Feb. 28).
• Scored four runs in three appearances during a Notre Dame sweep at the Florida Gulf Coast/Four Points by Sheraton Spring Break Classic (March 5-6).
• Logged two hits, including a triple, and scored two runs in game one of a doubleheader sweep at FIU (March 9).
• Tied a career-high with three RBI in an ACC game one win at Virginia (March 12).
• Scored two runs the following day against the Cavaliers (March 13) to help complete the series sweep.
• Went 2-for-3 with a stolen base and two runs scored against Eastern Michigan (March 22).
• Connected on two hits, including a double, and scored one run at Syracuse (March 25).
• 2-for-3, including a triple, career-high three RBI and the game-winning hit in the bottom of the seventh inning against No. 9 Florida State (April 3).
• Went a perfect 3-for-3 including two doubles and one triple, an RBI and two runs scored in game two of an ACC series at Virginia Tech (April 16).
• Finished the series 6-for-9 (.666 avg.) with three RBI and three runs scored at Virginia Tech (April 16-17) to claim ACC Player of the Week accolades.
• Scored a run in eight straight games from North Carolina (April 24) until game two against NC State (May 7).
• Two RBI and a run scored in a nonconference run-rule win over DePaul (April 27).
• Closed weekend with two RBI and a pair of runs scored in a series win against NC State (May 7-8).
• Wrapped two base hits in an ACC Championship semifinal win against Louisville (May 13).
• Drove in a run with an RBI single in the ACC Championship game against No. 6 Florida State (May 14).
AS A FRESHMAN (2015):
• ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Batted .167 with three RBI and one run scored in seven games (one start) during rookie campaign.
• Missed sizeable portions of the season due to injury.
• Hit by a pitch during first career plate appearance as a pinch hitter at North Carolina Central (March 11).
• Connected on a sacrifice fly to drive in first career run during a rout of No. 9 Florida State (March 15).
• Crushed a pinch-hit, two-run single into center field during a home opening victory over Cleveland State (March 18).
• Earned first career start in an ACC series opener against Georgia Tech (March 21), and scored first career run against the Yellow Jackets.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Four-year letterwinner at Council Rock North High School.
• Batted over .500 as a designated player during senior campaign.
• Named to the SOL National Conference all-league first team as a junior in 2013 after batting .385 with 18 RBI and 26 runs scored.
• SOL National Conference all-league honorable mention selection as a sophomore in 2012.
• Competed with the Jersey Intensity 18U Premier team on the travel level and was coached by Kevin O'Donnell, the father of former Irish standout pitcher Brittany O'Donnell.
• Missed final club season due to injury.
• Previously saw action on the club circuit with Newtown Rock Softball (12U, 2009), Philadelphia Spirit 14 U Black (14U, 2010) and Liberty (16U, 2011).
• Member of the National Honor Society.
• Participated in Adaptive Aquatics, a non-profit organization that helps mentally disabled individuals learn to swim.
• Daughter of Bill Bigler and Macy Young.
• Has two brothers, JT and Dylan.
• Has two sisters, Madison and Olivia.
• Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business with a major in finance, minoring in art history.
Bigler's Career Statistics