2017 Atlantic Coast Conference All-Tournament Team
2017 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
2016 NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region First Team
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017):
• Earned first career ACC Academic Honor Roll nod.
• Named to the 2017 ACC Championship All-Tournament Team.
• Played in all 57 Notre Dame games as a sophomore, starting 55 contests.
• Batted .304 with 10 doubles, eight home runs, 39 RBI, a .388 on-base percentage, a .506 slugging percentage and 24 runs scored.
• Total of 24 walks earned led all Irish hitters.
• Team-high four hits with the bases loaded (4-for-8, .500).
• Posted a .293 batting average (17-for-58) with two outs.
• Eight multiple-RBI games ranked third on the team.
• Appeared in a career-high 25 games in the circle, adding eight starts.
• Went 5-4 with a 4.22 ERA in 61.1 innings pitched, while striking out 39 batters.
• Threw first collegiate complete game while scattering five hits, surrendering a lone run in first career win over South Dakota (Feb. 11).
• Smashed two home runs and drove in a career-high five runs in a landmark Notre Dame victory against No. 11 Michigan (Feb. 18) at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
• Closed the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic with a game-tying solo home run in the top of the sixth inning of a victory over eventual NCAA champion No. 4 Oklahoma (Feb. 25).
• Earned consecutive pitching victories against No. 11 Georgia (Feb. 24), Purdue (March 4) and Chattanooga (March 5).
• Reached base in all five official plate appearances, contributing two hits, two walks and a hit by pitch, in the only opening game of a series at Georgia Tech (March 11).
• Reached safely three times and scored a pair of runs during a five-inning victory against Michigan State (March 22).
• Drilled a home run and added two RBI in series finale at Louisville (April 3).
• 2-for-4 with the game-tying RBI single in the first game of an ACC set against North Carolina (April 8).
• Registered two hits and added two RBI in a win over IUPUI (April 12).
• Went 3-for-4 with an RBI double during a comeback game one win at NC State (April 14).
• 2-for-3 with an RBI in the nightcap against the Wolfpack (April 14).
• Drove in two runs to close the series sweep of NC State (April 15).
• Walk-off single in the bottom of the seventh to defeat Western Michigan (April 19).
• Logged three hits, including two doubles, and scored two runs in game two against Virginia (April 22).
• 2-for-4 with a double, home run and four RBI in a win at Northwestern (April 25) – Threw four innings of one-run softball in the circle to earn the win against the Wildcats.
• Pinch-hit two-run single in the fourth inning, and ultimately scored the winning run to walk off against Boston College (May 7) on Senior Day.
• 3-for-5, including a game-tying two-run home run in the top of the seventh inning, as part of a three RBI effort against Boston College (May 11) in the first round of the ACC Championship.
• Logged two hits, including a home run, and drove in a pair of runs against East Tennessee State (May 20) during the NCAA Auburn Regional.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016):
• NFCA Mid Atlantic All-Region first team.
• Chosen as the season’s final ACC Player of the Week on May 9.
• Finished the season with a .335 batting average and a .416 on base percentage.
• Logged the most RBI by a Notre Dame freshman with 55 total runs batted in.
• Notre Dame season leader with a .639 slugging percentage and 11 home runs.
• Added a team-high 30 RBI with two outs.
• Batted .389 (28-for-72) with runners in scoring position.
• Played in 54 games (53 starts) during the season.
• Appeared in nine games (three starts) as a pitcher for the Irish, with a 5.25 ERA and one save in 18.2 innings.
• Made an impact in collegiate debut by going 3-for-4 with a double, home run and four RBI against No. 18 Kentucky (Feb. 12).
• Also pitched 3.2 innings and allowed one earned run, striking out a season-high three batters against the Wildcats.
• Went 2-for-3 with a double and a run scored against Georgia State (Feb. 14).
• Reached base three times, drove in one run and scored a career-high three runs in a win against Utah Valley (Feb. 14).
• Connected on a solo home run against No. 11 Washington (Feb. 19).
• Went 2-for-3 with a double, two RBI and one run scored against Bryant (Feb. 27).
• Ripped first career triple, went 2-for-3 and drove in two runs in a victory against Stony Brook (March 6).
• Homered in both contests, combining to drive in four runs and score three more in a doubleheader sweep at FIU (March 9).
• Recorded four hits and two RBI in series sweep at Virginia (March 12-13).
• Finished a perfect 3-for-3 with a double in a home victory over No. 9 Florida State (April 3).
• Reached base in all three plate appearances, drilling a three-run home run and scoring twice during a run-rule win against IUPUI (April 5).
• Went 2-for-3 with two RBI in a home victory against Western Michigan (April 19).
• Clubbed what was ultimately the winning home run the following day against Valparaiso (April 20).
• Blasted a three-run homerun to key a second game win during an ACC doubleheader at North Carolina (April 24).
• Ripped a two-run double during a midweek, run-rule shutout of DePaul (April 27).
• Capped a 3-for-4 effort with two doubles, a home run and a career-high five RBI in a game one win over NC State (May 7).
• Finished the weekend a combined 6-for-9 with four doubles, a home run, seven RBI, three walks and three runs scored against NC State (May 7-8) to earn ACC Player of the Week honors.
• Drove in three runs with a double and a sacrifice fly in an NCAA Ann Arbor Regional win over Valparaiso (May 21).
• Added a base hit and a successful sacrifice bunt against No. 2 Michigan (May 22) in the NCAA Ann Arbor Regional.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Multi-year letterwinner at Burbank High School.
• Capped high school career with an 18-5 record, a 0.66 ERA, 264 strikeouts and only 18 walks in 149.1 innings as a senior in 2015 – surpassed both the 80-win and 1,000-strikeout plateaus for career during senior campaign.
• Batted .451 with five doubles, six home runs, 26 RBI and a .859 slugging percentage.
• 2015 NFCA All-America third team selection.
• Was tabbed to the NFCA all-West Region team in 2014 and 2015.
• Posted a 21-4 record and a 1.18 ERA as a junior, striking out 258 batters to earn 2014 NFCA All-America third team honors.
• Batted .513 with five home runs on offense during junior campaign.
• 2014 MaxPreps Medium School All-America third team.
• 2014 Burbank Leader Female Athlete of the Year.
• 2014 all-area most valuable player.
• 25-3 mark with a 0.78 ERA and 309 strikeouts as a sophomore, claiming league most valuable player accolades.
• Added a .526 average and 12 home runs at the plate.
• Logged a 16-5 record and 1.95 ERA as a freshman, punching out 180 batters.
• Four-time Burbank softball most valuable player and all-CIF Division 3 selection.
• Three-time High Desert Classic tournament champion, and two-time most valuable player.
• Also won two varsity letters in golf.
• Competed with Valley Tribe and the So Cal Choppers on the club circuit.
• Finished ninth at the 2014 Premier Girls Fastpitch Nationals.
• Daughter of Roger and Shari Farthing-Brooks.
• Has one sister, Tyler.
• Uncle, Gerry Halaska, swam at UCLA.
• Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters.
Brooks' Career Statistics