HONORS AND AWARDS:
2017 USA Softball National Team Selection Camp Invitee
2016 Notre Dame Co-Captain
2016 Notre Dame Monogram Club Most Valuable Player
2016 NFCA Division I All-America Third Team
2016 USA Softball National Collegiate Player of the Year Top 10 Finalist
2016 NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region First Team
2016 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Second Team
2016 Atlantic Coast Conference Championship All-Tournament Team
2016 Atlantic Coast Conference All-Academic Team
2016 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
2015 NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region First Team
2015 All-Atlantic Coast Conference First Team
2015 USA Softball National Collegiate Player of the Year Top 26 Finalist
2014 NFCA Division I National Freshman of the Year Top Three Finalist
2014 NFCA Division I All-America Second Team
2014 NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region First Team
2014 Atlantic Coast Conference Freshman of the Year
2014 All-Atlantic Coast Conference First Team
2014 Atlantic Coast Conference Championship All-Tournament Team
NCAA STATS AND ND RECORDS:
• Enters senior season as the active NCAA leader with 256 career hits, and has the second-most stolen bases (98), third-highest career batting average (.443) and third-most career runs scored (183) among current Division I players.
• Owns five Notre Dame offensive records, including career batting average (minimum 300 AB) and stolen bases, along with the most hits (91, 2016), runs scored (68, 2016) and stolen bases (46, 2016) by an Irish player in a single season.
AS A JUNIOR (2016):
• Named the Notre Dame Monogram Club Most Valuable Player.
• NFCA All-America third team selection – eighth multi-time Notre Dame softball All-American in program history.
• NFCA Mid-Atlantic all-region first team.
• Top 10 finalist for the USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year Award – joined three-time NFCA All-American Emilee Koerner (’15) as the only Irish players to reach the final 10 of national player of the year voting.
• All-ACC second team choice.
• Named to the ACC Championship All-Tournament team.
• Tabbed to first all-ACC Academic Team.
• ACC Academic Honor Roll selection.
• Appeared in all 56 games (56 starts) during the season in the outfield.
• Became the Notre Dame single-season record holder with 91 hits, 68 runs and 46 stolen bases in 2016, establishing a program record with 98 career stolen bases in first 110 attempts.
• Finished the season with a .446 batting average, nine doubles, three home runs, 33 RBI, a .484 on base percentage and a .554 slugging percentage – doubles, home runs, RBI and slugging percentage totals were all career-highs.
• Only Notre Dame player in the program’s 28-year history to score at least 50 runs, record at least 80 hits and steal at least 25 bases in three straight seasons.
• Led the ACC in batting average and hits for the third straight season, also placing in top five of the conference in runs scored and stolen bases in the conference for the third consecutive campaign.
• A total of 45 of 91 base hits were officially credited as infield singles.
• Embarked on a team-best 18-game hitting streak to open the season that lasted until March 6.
• Batted .397 (27-for-68) with runners in scoring position, and reached base in 51 of 86 (.593) opportunities as the regular Irish leadoff hitter.
• Team-high 31 multiple-hit outings, adding seven multi-RBI performances.
• Opened the season going 3-for-4 with two stolen bases and a run scored against No. RV Utah (Feb. 12).
• Ripped a double and scored two runs in a hard-fought game with No. 18 Kentucky (Feb. 12) later in the day.
• Went 3-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored in a win over Georgia State (Feb. 14).
• Reached base three times, finishing with two hits, an RBI, a stolen base and two runs in a five-inning win over Utah Valley (Feb. 19).
• Registered two base hits at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic against No. 11 Washington (Feb. 19).
• Went 2-for-4 with a double, stolen base and two runs scored in a victory over No. 8 UCLA (Feb. 20).
• Ripped two hits while adding an RBI, stolen base and two runs against George Washington (Feb. 21).
• Perfect 3-for-3 with two stolen bases and two runs scored in a win over East Carolina (Feb. 26).
• Had two hits and scored one run in a Diamond 9 Citrus Classic win over No. 22 UCF (Feb. 26).
• Went a perfect 3-for-3 with two stolen bases and two runs scored in a win at Florida Gulf Coast (March 5).
• 3-for-5 with two RBI, two stolen bases and tied a program single-game record by scoring four runs in the first game of a doubleheader at FIU (March 9).
• Went a combined 6-for-9 with six runs scored, three stolen bases and two RBI in two-game sweep of FIU (March 9).
• Hit first home run of the season and stole two bases, scoring twice to complete an ACC sweep at Virginia (March 13).
• 2-for-3 with two stolen bases and a pair of runs scored against Bowling Green (March 17).
• Swiped two more bags and scored twice in a midweek win over Eastern Michigan (March 22).
• Logged two hits and scored two runs in a game two victory at Syracuse (March 26).
• Went 2-for-4 with two stolen bases and two runs scored against IPFW (March 30).
• Notched five hits with five RBI and three runs in an ACC series sweep at Virginia Tech (April 16-17).
• Perfect 4-for-4 with second career grand slam, four RBI and two runs scored in a midweek win over Western Michigan (April 19).
• Went 2-for-3 with two RBI in series opener at North Carolina (April 24).
• Recorded two hits, including a two-run double, stole two bases and scored one run in a run-rule win against DePaul (April 27).
• Equaled own program record by scoring four runs, chipping in two hits, an RBI and a stolen base in a comeback win against NC State (May 7).
• Went a combined 5-for-9 with a double, seven runs scored, four stolen bases and two RBI in series win over NC State (May 7-8).
• 3-for-4 with a game-winning walk-off triple and three runs scored in the quarterfinals of the ACC Championship against Virginia Tech (May 12).
• Went 2-for-2 with a walk, stolen base and two runs scored in an NCAA Ann Arbor Regional elimination game win over Valparaiso (May 21).
• Added two hits, including an RBI, and scored a run in the second game of the day in the NCAA Ann Arbor Regional against Miami (Ohio) (May 21).
• Ripped two hits, including a home run, stole one base and scored two runs against No. 2 Michigan (May 22) in the NCAA Ann Arbor Regional Final.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2015):
• NFCA Mid-Atlantic all-region first team.
• All-ACC first team.
• Top 26 finalist for the USA Softball National Collegiate Player of the Year award.
• Finished the 2015 season as Notre Dame's career leader in both batting average (.441) and on-base percentage (.501) among players with the requisite number of plate appearances.
• Tied Notre Dame single-season records for runs scored (65) and hits (84) during sophomore campaign -- became the only player in program history with at least 80 hits and 25 stolen bases in consecutive seasons.
• Fastest player to reach 50 steals in program history (98 career games).
• 37 of 84 total hits were officially scored as infield singles.
• Led all Notre Dame hitters with a .429 batting average, a .486 on-base percentage and four triples, to go along with the top hit and run marks as the Irish leadoff hitter for all 57 games -- batting average, hit and run totals paced all players in the ACC.
• Also hit first two career home runs, and added career-highs in doubles (7) and triples (4) as a primary slap hitter.
• Ranked first on the team with 29 multi-hit outings, including nine games with three hits, and was second on the Irish with 26 stolen bases in 27 attempts.
• Hit .475 (29-for-61) with runners in scoring position, and reached base in 47 of 90 (.522) opportunities as a leadoff batter.
• Contributed a matching .429 average with four doubles, two triples, one home run, 17 RBI, nine stolen bases and 25 runs scored during ACC play.
• Notched first multi-hit game of the year with a two-hit and one-run performance at Cal State Fullerton (Feb. 8).
• 2-for-3 with a double, stolen base and run scored against Hofstra (Feb. 14).
• Reached in all four plate appearances against No. 10 Tennessee (Feb. 19), slapping two hits, drawing two walks, stealing a base and scoring twice.
• Added a 3-for-4 effort with a stolen base and two runs scored later in the day against Maryland (Feb. 19).
• Went 2-for-4 with a stolen base and a pair of runs scored against UNLV (Feb. 20).
• Chipped in two hits and a steal in a win over No. 25 Texas (Feb. 21).
• Collected two hits, a stolen base and came around to score twice against Georgetown (Feb. 27).
• Three hits, two RBI and a run scored against Omaha (March 1) to close the Diamond 9 Citrus Classic.
• Went a combined 6-for-10 with two extra base hits, two stolen bases and three runs scored in series at North Carolina State (March 7-8).
• Rocked three hits, including a triple, and scored twice the following day at North Carolina Central (March 11).
• Two hits and two runs scored in home opener against Cleveland State (March 18).
• Reached base in three of four plate appearances (two hits), adding two stolen bases, an RBI and two runs in the first game of an ACC series against Georgia Tech (March 21).
• 2-for-3 with an RBI, stolen base and a run scored in a series finale sweep of No. 24 Virginia Tech (March 29).
• 3-for-4 with a double, triple, two RBI and two runs scored in the first game of an ACC doubleheader at Pittsburgh (April 3).
• Smashed first career home run, a grand slam, and added a steal in the nightcap victory against the Panthers (April 3).
• Logged three hits and two RBI in a home win over Western Michigan (April 7).
• Had three hits, including a home run, and three RBI against Toledo (April 22).
• 3-for-4 with two RBI and a program record four runs in nightcap of ACC doubleheader against North Carolina (April 26).
• Scored three runs each in consecutive NCAA Regional games against Northwestern (May 16) and Ball State (May 16).
AS A FRESHMAN (2014):
• One of three finalists for the inaugural NFCA Division I National Freshman of the Year award.
• NFCA Division I All-America second team selection -- became just the second freshman in program history to earn All-America recognition (Kristin Schmidt, 2001).
• NFCA Mid-Atlantic all-region first team.
• Tabbed as the ACC Freshman of the Year.
• All-ACC first team.
• First-ever Notre Dame ACC Player of the Week recipient (Feb. 17).
• Enjoyed one of the best freshman seasons in Irish history, batting a team-high .455 with 81 hits, four triples, 28 RBI, a .517 on-base percentage, 26 stolen bases and 50 runs scored as a primary slap hitter -- batting average was the highest in team history by any player with at least 150 at-bats in a given season.
• Became the fifth player in program history to surpass the 80-hit plateau in a single season, and the first freshman to ever accomplish the feat.
• Led the ACC in batting average (ranked ninth nationally), hits and stolen bases, and was among the top five players in the conference in triples (4, second), on-base percentage (third) and runs scored (fifth).
• Total of 25 multiple-hit games was the most among all Notre Dame hitters.
• 45 of 81 hits were officially credited as infield singles.
• Batted .429 against ranked opponents, including a 7-for-9 (.778) two-game series against then No. 7 Florida State (April 13).
• Hit at a .452 clip (28-for-62) with runners in scoring position.
• Paced all players in ACC play with a .521 league batting average, 37 hits and three triples, placing second in on-base percentage (.575) and third in stolen bases (10).
• Batted .527 (49-for-93) with three triples, 11 RBI, 12 stolen bases and 29 runs scored over the final 27 games after moving to the leadoff slot of the Notre Dame lineup.
• Made collegiate debut by reaching base in all four plate appearances, including three walks, adding an RBI triple and scoring two runs against Tennessee Tech (Feb. 8).
• Contributed a pair of hits and two RBI in each game at Jacksonville (Feb. 15) and against No. 23 Louisville (Feb. 16).
• 3-for-5 with a stolen base and two runs scored versus UC Davis (Feb. 21) at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic.
• Scored two runs against both Fordham (Feb. 28) and Radford (March 1) at the Diamond 9 Citrus Classic.
• Set a season-high with three stolen bases, to go along with an RBI and a run scored, in home opener against Eastern Michigan (March 26).
• Tied Melissa Cook Stadium single game hits record (4-for-4) with two steals and two runs scored in a win over Ball State (April 1).
• Reached safely in all four plate appearances in the first game of an ACC doubleheader at North Carolina (April 9), going 3-for-3 with a stolen base and one run scored.
• Added a 2-for-4 effort with a game-tying RBI single in the nightcap against the Tar Heels (April 9).
• Recorded three hits and scored the winning run in an 8-5 win over No. 7 Florida State (April 13).
• Went 4-for-5 with two stolen bases, an RBI and scored once in the nightcap against the Seminoles (April 13).
• Finished with three hits, including a two-run triple, and three RBI in game two of an ACC doubleheader at Virginia (April 18).
• Scored a pair of runs after going 2-for-3 in the series finale against the Cavaliers (April 19).
• Slapped three hits, driving in a run and scoring twice in a win over ACC foe North Carolina State (April 22).
• Went a combined 5-for-8 (.625) with a double, three RBI and four runs scored in an ACC sweep of Maryland (April 27-28).
• Scored one run after going 3-for-3 with a triple against Boston College (May 3).
• 2-for-4 with two runs scored against Virginia Tech in the semifinal round of the ACC Championship (May 9).
• 3-for-5 with three runs scored against Long Beach State (May 17).
• Closed season 2-for-4 against No. 3 UCLA (May 18) in the NCAA Los Angeles Regional Final.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Five-year softball letterwinner at Edison High School.
• Finished career with 169 hits, 81 stolen bases and 120 runs scored.
• Capped senior year with the Chargers by posting a .421 batting average, 40 hits, four doubles, one triple, two home runs, 24 RBI, 20 stolen bases, a .495 on-base percentage and 31 runs scored.
• Named to the MaxPreps California Large School All-State team, and the all-Sunset League and all-Orange County first teams.
• Batted .406 with 23 stolen bases, 36 runs scored and a .542 slugging percentage as a junior, earning all-Sunset League first team and all-Orange County second team honors.
• Hit at an even .500 clip as a sophomore, adding 22 steals and scoring a career-high 38 runs.
• Named Sunset League Sophomore of the Year, and was tabbed to the all-Sunset League and all-Orange County first teams.
• Selected as the Sunset League Rookie of the Year after batting .405 as a freshman.
• Played for the So. Cal Firecrackers club team.
• Squad won the 2011 and 2012 Colorado Fireworks Tournament and Canada Cup championships.
• Also lettered in soccer and volleyball.
• Two-time all-Sunset League soccer selection.
• 2012 Edison High School Pillar of Character Award winner.
• CIF Southern Section Champion of Character.
• 2012 ABC Academic Honoree Pins winner.
• 2011 ABC Academic Honoree Letterwinner.
• Daughter of Gary and Sue Wester.
• Has two sisters, Ali and Riley.
• Sister, Ali, is a sophomore on the Irish softball team.
• Sister, Riley, is a Notre Dame softball signee from the graduating high school class of 2017.
• Father, Gary, competed in track and field at the University of Wisconsin.
• Former Irish standouts Dani Miller ('12) and Casey Africano ('16), and sisters Ali and Riley, attended same high school.
• Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business as an accountancy major.
Wester's Career Statistics