HONORS AND AWARDS:
2017 Atlantic Coast Conference All-Academic Team
2017 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
2016 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
2015 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
AS A JUNIOR (2017):
• Named to first career ACC All-Academic Team.
• Tabbed to the ACC Academic Honor Roll for the third straight season.
• Earned ACC Pitcher of the Week honors on April 11.
• Appeared in a career-high 39 games in the circle (21 starts), posting a 12-6 record over 128.2 innings pitched.
• Finished season with four complete games and two shutouts, including first career collegiate no-hitter.
• Tossed a three-hit complete game in first start of the season, striking out six batters in a win over Weber State (Feb. 10).
• Claimed the win the following day against San Diego State (Feb. 11), throwing six innings with one earned run allowed and three strikeouts.
• Struck out four of seven batters faced in a relief appearance against Chattanooga (March 5).
• Scattered three hits over three innings to claim the victory in a run-rule win over Michigan State (March 22).
• Five-hit complete game to take game two of an ACC series against Virginia Tech (March 24).
• Hurled the 50th no-hitter (36th solo) in Notre Dame history in the nightcap of an ACC set against North Carolina (April 9), surrendering just one walk and striking out two Tar Heel batters – It was the third Irish no-hitter against an ACC foe since Notre Dame joined the conference in 2014 (Laura Winter perfect game at Virginia on April 2014; Rachel Nasland no-hitter at No. 9 Florida State on March 15, 2015).
• Four-hit shutout in game two of an ACC doubleheader at NC State (April 14), with two walks and a pair of strikeouts.
• Threw two scoreless innings to finish as pitcher of record in a walk-off victory against Butler (May 3).
• Allowed one earned run in a three-inning relief appearance in the semifinal of the ACC Championship against No. 4 Florida State (May 12).
• Pitched two innings of one-hit softball against California (May 19) during the NCAA Auburn Regional.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016):
• Tabbed to the ACC Academic Honor Roll for the second straight year.
• Appeared in 26 games (two starts) in the circle during the season.
• Posted a 6-2 record with a 3.44 ERA and 52 strikeouts in 59 innings, adding one save.
• Finished a team-high 20 games on the mound.
• Started in the season opener and pitched 2.1 innings, giving up 4 hits and adding a strikeout against No. 18 Kentucky (Feb. 12).
• Scoreless inning of relief with two strikeouts in an outing against Utah Valley (Feb. 19).
• Earned second career win against No. 8 UCLA (Feb. 20), tossing one hitless inning with two walks and a strikeout.
• Finished the last two full innings and logged two strikeouts while allowing one hit in a 5-1 victory against No. 22 UCF (Feb. 26).
• Started and pitched first career shutout, allowing one hit while striking out four batters the following day against Bryant (Feb. 27).
• Threw five innings of one-run ball, punching out a career-high six batters in a comeback win over Stony Brook (March 5).
• Tossed a spotless inning with a strikeout against Ball State (March 6).
• Earned two strikeouts in one hitless inning pitched against Eastern Michigan (March 22).
• Scoreless inning of relief with a walk and a strikeout against IUPUI (April 5).
• Threw two shutout innings to close out a home midweek victory over Butler (April 14).
• Pitched 4.2 scoreless innings and recorded four strikeouts while giving up no hits to earn the win in relief in game two of an ACC doubleheader at Virginia Tech (April 16).
• Hurled two shutout frames with two strikeouts for season’s only save against Western Michigan (April 19).
• Pitched four innings with four strikeouts and one earned run allowed against North Carolina (April 24).
• Tied career-high with six strikeouts in a five-inning relief appearance during a six-run comeback against NC State (May 7).
AS A FRESHMAN (2015):
• ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Appeared in 26 games during freshman season, earning three starts.
• Logged a 4-1 record with a 3.27 ERA and one save in 45.0 innings, combining with teammate Allie Rhodes on five shutouts.
• Yielded 24 walks and struck out 38 opposing batters, limiting hitters to a cumulative .257 average against.
• Went 2-0 with a 1.62 ERA in 10 appearances (one start) against ACC foes -- ERA and batting average against (.205) totals led all Notre Dame pitchers in ACC play.
• Threw 1.1 shutout innings of relief with one strikeout to earn the win in first career collegiate appearance at No. 6 UCLA (Feb. 6).
• Went 1.2 scoreless innings out of the Notre Dame bullpen against No. 10 Tennessee (Feb. 19) at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic.
• Recorded six straight relief appearances without surrendering an earned run from North Carolina State (March 7) until the second game of an ACC series against No. 24 Virginia Tech (March 29).
• Threw scoreless bottom of the fifth inning in both games of a doubleheader sweep at Pittsburgh (April 3).
• Set career-high for both innings pitched (6.0) and strikeouts (5), allowing one run on three hits in a win at Boston College (April 11).
• Tossed four shutout innings of relief the following day to complete a sweep of the Eagles (April 12).
• Struck out three batters in three shutout innings of relief at home against Bowling Green (April 14).
• Earned the win after throwing a perfect top of the seventh inning with one strikeout in a walk-off win over Northwestern (April 15).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Letterwinner at St. John Vianney High School.
• Missed the 2014 season while recovering from injury.
• Helped guide the Lancers to the No. 1 ranking in the final Star-Ledger Top 20 poll and its third New Jersey Parochial A state title in four years as a junior in 2013.
• Posted a 26-2 record, a 0.62 ERA, 229 strikeouts and only 29 walks during junior campaign.
• 2013 first team all-state selection, and was also tabbed as the Star-Ledger Monmouth County Player of the Year.
• 2013 MSG All-New Jersey second team choice.
• Added a .438 average at the plate with nine doubles, one home run, 18 RBI, 13 runs scored and a .521 on-base percentage as a junior.
• Compiled a 21-3 record and a 0.67 ERA in the circle as a sophomore, striking out 169 batters with 47 walks for St. John Vianney.
• 2012 second team all-state selection.
• Perfect 13-0 with a 0.75 ERA as a freshman, logging 100 strikeouts and only 14 walks in 75 innings pitched.
• Was the winning pitcher for the Lancers in both the 2011 Monmouth County and Shore Conference tournament championship games.
• Named to the 2011 All-Shore first team.
• Participated with the East Coast Elite Gold and the New Jersey Nightmare Gold squads on the travel circuit.
• Starting forward for the St. John Vianney basketball team.
• Daughter of Greg and Sue Beriont.
• Sister, Jane, is a 2014 Notre Dame graduate.
• Enrolled in the College of Science, majoring in science-business.
Beriont's Career Statistics