• Four-year letterwinner in softball at The Pingry School.
• Fashioned a .373 batting average with seven home runs, 17 RBI, 13 stolen bases and 29 runs scored as a senior team captain.
• Added a 1.26 ERA and a 13-6 record as a pitcher, striking out 228 batters with only 40 walks in 122.1 innings.
• Earned first team all-state honors, and was first team all-non-public in the state of New Jersey.
• One of 11 players on the NJ.com Player of the Year watch list.
• Batted .500 with seven doubles, seven home runs, 12 RBI, 17 stolen bases and 29 runs scored in only 16 games as a junior team captain.
• Also pitched 106 innings in the circle, striking out 208 opposing hitters.
• Earned all-area, all-county, and all-conference accolades, and was a New Jersey Gatorade Player of the Year nominee.
• Compiled a .678 average with 20 extra-base hits (including 13 home runs), 38 RBI, 22 stolen bases, and 41 runs scored during sophomore campaign.
• Struck out 321 batters in only 147 innings pitched.
• Was a Star Ledger Player to Watch and an all-state selection that season.
• Hit at a .556 clip as a freshman, smashing 10 home runs while driving in 22 runs, stealing 30 bases, and scoring 37 runs.
• Tossed 146 innings in the circle, striking out 287 batters.
• Claimed all-state, all-conference, and all-county first team honors, and was a Star Ledger Player to Watch.
• Also played one season of basketball during freshman year.
• Competed with the New Jersey Intensity KOD club team under head coach Kevin O’Donnell, father of former Irish standout pitcher Brittany O’Donnell – other Irish alumni of Intensity KOD include current players Alexis Bazos, MK Bonamy and Bailey Bigler, and former players O’Donnell, Cassidy Whidden, Megan Sorlie and Carly Piccinich.
• Intensity finished ninth at PGF Nationals during freshman season.
• On the academic honor roll throughout high school career, and has volunteered with St. Vincent DePaul Church, Warren Youth Basketball, Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter, and the St. Baldrick’s foundation.
• Daughter of Anthony and Patricia Marino.
• Has a twin brother, Anthony.
• Is the seventh Division I athlete in immediate family, joining uncles Jim, Tom, and Matt Bradley who played football at Penn State, mother, Patty, and aunt Cassie Bradley who ran track at Villanova, and uncle, Rich Marino, who played basketball at St. Thomas.
• Enrolled in the First Year of Studies.
Marino's Career Statistics