2017 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Second Team
2016 NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region First Team
2016 Atlantic Coast Conference All-Academic Team
AS A FRESHMAN (2016):
AS A FRESHMAN (2016):
• NFCA Mid-Atlantic all-region first team despite missing 14 games due to injury.
• Named to the all-ACC Academic Team.
• Earned first career ACC Player of the Week award on March 14.
• Registered the best on-base percentage ever by a Notre Dame freshman, reaching at a .497 clip after batting .398 with 14 extra-base hits and 40 RBI in 42 games (41 starts).
• Chipped in seven successful stolen bases in eight tries and scored 39 runs.
• Also finished as the Notre Dame leader by being hit by pitch nine times, and notched the third-most walks on the Irish with 18.
• Batted .352 (19-for-54) with runners in scoring position, and hit .412 overall with runners on (28-for-68).
• Ranked third on the Irish with 10 multiple-RBI games and fourth with 14 multi-hit games.
• Logged 68 infield assists at third base, and along with 38 putouts made only three errors for a .972 fielding percentage.
• Had one hit and one walk in the second game of the season against No. 18 Kentucky (Feb. 12).
• Went 2-for-2 with a double and a run scored against BYU (Feb. 13).
• Hit first career home run and finished with three RBI and two runs scored later in the day against No. 21 California (Feb. 13).
• Perfect 3-for-3 with an RBI and a run scored in a win over Georgia State (Feb. 14).
• Went 1-for-3 with two RBI and one run scored in a victory against No. 8 UCLA (Feb. 20).
• 2-for-3 with a home run, two RBI and a career-high three runs scored in a run-rule win over George Washington (Feb. 21).
• Went 1-for-2 with an RBI and a hit by pitch to help defeat No. 22 UCF (Feb. 26).
• 2-for-3 with a double, three RBI and a run scored against North Florida (Feb. 27).
• Added a 2-for-2 outing that included an RBI double and run scored later in the day against Bryant (Feb. 27).
• Perfect 3-for-3 with a stolen base and three runs scored against Stony Brook (March 6).
• Career-high four RBI in game one win during a doubleheader at FIU (March 9).
• Batted a combined 5-for-8 with five RBI and three runs scored in twin bill at FIU (March 9).
• Finished 2-for-2 with a home run, two RBI, two walks and two runs in the second game of an ACC doubleheader at Virginia (March 12) after driving in three runs earlier in the day against the Cavaliers.
• 2-for-2 with an RBI and two runs scored against Bowling Green (March 17).
• Went 2-for-3 with an RBI double, stolen base and run in game two of an ACC doubleheader at Syracuse (March 26).
• Smacked a home run and drove in two runs during an ACC doubleheader sweep at Virginia Tech (April 16).
• Went 2-for-4 with a double and first career triple scoring one run during the series finale at Virginia Tech (April 17).
• 2-for-2 with an RBI, a stolen base and three runs scored in a win over Valparaiso (April 20).
• Scored two runs during a victory in the second game of an ACC doubleheader at North Carolina (April 24).
• Crossed home plate once in final appearance of the season against DePaul (April 27) before being sidelined due to injury.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Three-year letterwinner at Mater Dei High School.
• Sidelined during junior and senior seasons due to injury.
• Helped lead the Monarchs to a Trinity League Championship as a sophomore, batting .446 with 22 RBI.
• Named to the all-Trinity League first team.
• Selected as the 2014 Monarch Pride Award winner.
• Claimed second team all-Trinity League honors as a freshman, batting .389 as one of the team's co-rookies of the year.
• Has seen extensive time on the club level with the Corona Angels (10U), Irvine Sting (12U/14U), Orange County Batbusters-Myers (16U) and SoCal Athletics-Richardson (18U).
• 2013 PGF National Championship team runner-up with the OC Batbusters-Myers.
• Recognized by the California Scholarship Federation, and was a member of the National Honor Society.
• Named to the Mater Dei principal's honor roll in eight straight semesters.
• Attended the same high school as 1964 Heisman Trophy winner John Huarte, former Notre Dame football captain Joe Schmidt, former Irish softball All-American Heather Johnson ('11) and former teammate and second team All-America first baseman Micaela Arizmendi (’16).
• Daughter of John and Remy Rochford.
• Has one sister, Brittany, who played softball at Emerson College.
• Great-grandmother Theresa Ostenberg attended St. Mary's College in 1905.
• Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.
Rochford's Career Statistics