• Played in 13 games (10 starts) during sophomore season before injuries ended the campaign early.
• Three of five hits on the season were doubles, and added in one RBI to go along with a .348 slugging percentage.
• Registered 67 putouts at first base, and added five assists as part of a .973 fielding percentage.
• Ripped an RBI double in only official at-bat at Long Beach State (Feb. 10).
• Added another double the following day in a victory over South Dakota (Feb. 11).
• Notched a base hit against No. 13 Minnesota (Feb. 19).
• Contributed a double in only official plate appearance later in the day against No. 10 Michigan (Feb. 19) at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
• Saw time at first base in final game of the season, a victory over No. 10 Georgia (Feb. 24) at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016):
• Saw action in 21 games (one start) during the season.
• Scored three runs in limited plate appearances during first collegiate campaign.
• Picked up first career hit, a double, and scored a run in a win against Georgia State (Feb. 14).
• Logged a base hit and scored one run in a pinch-hit appearance against North Florida (Feb. 27).
• Worked a walk and scored one run to help complete an ACC sweep at Virginia (March 13).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Six-time letterwinner at Spain Park High School.
• Was tabbed as a Gatorade Player of the Year finalist, an NFCA all-South Region first team choice and an NFCA All-America third team selection in 2015 after batting .481 with 12 home runs, 55 RBI and an .842 slugging percentage -- finished career as Spain Park’s all-time home run (52) and RBI (220) leader.
• Led Spain Park to a 49-17 record and a fifth-place finish at the 6A level in Alabama as a junior, batting .421 with 13 doubles, 19 home runs, 65 RBI, a .981 slugging percentage and 42 runs scored.
• 2014 NFCA all-South Region first team selection, as well as an NFCA All-America Scholar-Athlete.
• 2014 and 2015 AHSAA "Super 8" all-state team choice.
• 2014 Shelby County Softball Player of the Year.
• Tabbed as Spain Park's most valuable player and offensive player of the year as a sophomore, junior and senior.
• All-Over The Mountain Journal team selection during final three seasons, earning Over The Mountain Player of the Year recognition in 2014 and 2015.
• Competed on the club circuit for New Jersey Intensity-KOD under head coach Kevin O'Donnell, father of former Irish pitcher Brittany O'Donnell, and with the Birmingham Thunderbolts.
• TPC and USSSA tournament all-star choice.
• Qualified for the PGF National 18 competition.
• Member of the National Honor Society and Math Honor Society.
• 2014 Finley Character Award.
• Joined teammate Morgan Reed as just the second Alabama native to suite up on the Irish roster in the history of the Notre Dame softball program.
• Daughter of David and Jennifer Bonamy.
• Has one brother, John David.
• Has one sister, Josie.
• Father, David, was a letterwinner in football at the University of Alabama.
• Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business as a double major in management consulting and film, television and theatre.
Bonamy's Career Statistics