2017 NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region First Team
2017 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Second Team
2016 NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region Second Team
2016 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Second Team
2015 NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region Third Team
2015 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Second Team
AS A JUNIOR (2017):
• NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region First-Team selection.
• Named to the All-ACC Second Team for third straight season.
• Breakout offensive season from the middle of the Irish order, notching career-high totals in batting average (.369), hits (66), extra-base hits (25), RBI (59), stolen bases (9), slugging percentage (.637), on-base percentage (.423) and runs scored (46) in 57 starts.
• Led all Notre Dame hitters in doubles, triples, home runs, RBI, slugging percentage and runs scored.
• Batted a team-high .461 (35-for-76) with runners in scoring position, and added a .345 (20-for-58) with 20 RBI with two outs.
• Paced the Irish roster with 16 multiple-RBI games, including five different three-RBI performances during the season.
• Total of 15 multi-hit games ranked third on the team.
• Went 2-for-3 with an RBI triple and two runs scored at Long Beach State (Feb. 10).
• Perfect 3-for-3 with an RBI the following day in a win over South Dakota (Feb. 11).
• Reached twice and scored a pair of runs in a victory against No. 11 Michigan (Feb. 18).
• Double and two RBI later in the day against No. 13 Minnesota (Feb. 18).
• Went perfect 4-for-4 with a stolen base, RBI and three runs scored in an upset of No. 11 Georgia (Feb. 24).
• Game-tying RBI double in a win against eventual NCAA champion No. 4 Oklahoma (Feb. 25).
• 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored against FIU (March 4) at the Diamond 9 Citrus Classic.
• Went 3-for-5 with a stolen base, two RBI and two runs scored in opening game of ACC series at Georgia Tech (March 11).
• Established a Notre Dame record with eight RBI, including a two-out grand slam in the eighth inning, of the series finale at Georgia Tech (March 12).
• Reached base three times, driving in three runs of the season home opener against Michigan State (March 22).
• Logged four RBI during a series sweep of Virginia Tech (March 24-25).
• Finished series victory at Louisville (April 1-3) with five total hits, including two doubles, and three runs scored.
• Led off the bottom of the seventh inning with a double, and later scored the game-winning run to open an ACC set against North Carolina (April 8).
• Reached in both plate appearances and scored two runs against Detroit Mercy (April 11).
• Connected on the game-winning three-run home run in the top of the seventh inning in the series opener at NC State (April 14).
• Added a home run and three RBI in the nightcap against the Wolfpack (April 14).
• Homered for the third straight game and drove in two runs, scoring twice to complete the sweep of NC State (April 15).
• Went 2-for-3 with two stolen bases, an RBI and two runs scored against Western Michigan (April 19).
• Reached safely three times and scored a pair of runs during a midweek run-rule victory at Northwestern (April 25).
• Connected on a key three-run home run in a home triumph against No. 24 Arkansas (April 29).
• Walk-off two-run double with two outs in the bottom of the seventh inning lifted the Irish past Butler (May 3).
• Scored a total of five runs during an ACC series win over Boston College (May 5-7) to close the regular season.
• Batted 2-for-5 with a double, RBI and run scored in the opening round of the ACC Championship against Boston College (May 11).
• Finished a single shy of the cycle, with two RBI and runs scored, against East Tennessee State (May 20) at the NCAA Auburn Regional.
• Blasted a three-run home run during an elimination game of the NCAA Auburn Regional against California (May 20).
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016):
• NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region Second-Team choice.
• Selected to the All-ACC Second Team.
• Appeared in all 56 games (56 starts) during the season, finishing with a .358 batting average, 58 hits, 11 doubles, five home runs, 31 RBI a .409 on base percentage, a .531 slugging percentage and 38 runs scored.
• Perfect 6-for-6 in stolen base attempts.
• Ranked second on the team with 15 multiple-hit games, and added eight multi-RBI outings.
• Team-high .413 batting average (19-for-46) facing two outs, with 15 of 31 total RBI coming with two outs.
• Batted .370 (20-for-54) with runners in scoring position.
• Enjoyed a team-best 21-game reached-base streak from April 3 against No. 9 Florida State until May 14 against the then No. 6 Seminoles in the ACC Championship game.
• Went 3-for-4 with a double and three RBI against Utah Valley (Feb. 19).
• 2-for-3 with a triple against No. 11 Washington (Feb. 19).
• Drove in one run in four straight games against East Carolina (Feb. 26), No.22 UCF (Feb. 26), North Florida (Feb. 27) and Bryant (Feb. 27).
• Went 2-for-4 with a double and two runs scored in a win over Ball State (March 6).
• Scored seven runs over the next five games that included a doubleheader triumph at FIU (March 9) and an ACC series sweep at Virginia (March 12-13).
• Connected on a two-RBI double and scored a run in the 2016 home opener against Bowling Green (March 17).
• Perfect 3-for-3 with a double, home run and career-high four RBI, scoring two runs in a win over Eastern Michigan (March 22).
• Notched two hits and scored two runs, adding an RBI and stolen base against IUPUI (April 5).
• Went a perfect 3-for-3 with a double, two RBI and a career-high three runs scored in a rainy run-rule win versus Pittsburgh (April 10).
• Started 2-for-3 with a run scored in series opener at Virginia Tech (April 16).
• Batted a combined 6-for-11 (.545) with two hits in each game of the series at North Carolina (April 24-25), scoring twice in the set.
• Perfect 3-for-3 with two solo home runs, three runs scored and a stolen base in the first game of a doubleheader against Louisville (May 1).
• Logged four hits, including a home run and three RBI, in final home ACC series against NC State (May 7-8).
• Went a perfect 3-for-3 with two RBI and a stolen base against Louisville (May 13) in the semifinals of the ACC Championship.
• 2-for-3 with a double against Miami (Ohio) (May 20) in the NCAA Ann Arbor Regional.
• Logged an RBI double in only official plate appearance, adding a sacrifice fly and bunt, in a two RBI and one run scored performance against Valparaiso (May 21) at the NCAA Ann Arbor Regional.
• Recorded one hit against No. 2 Michigan (May 22) to cap NCAA Ann Arbor Regional.
AS A FRESHMAN (2015):
• NFCA Mid-Atlantic All-Region Third Team.
• All-ACC Second-Team selection.
• Batted .325 with 10 doubles, one triple, two home runs, 31 RBI and 27 runs scored in 53 games played (46 starts).
• One of six Notre Dame players to finish the season with an on-base percentage of .400 or higher (.407).
• Added four successful stolen bases in five attempts.
• Hit at a .351 clip with six doubles, 18 RBI, a .544 slugging percentage, a .431 on-base percentage and 12 runs scored in 22 ACC games (20 starts).
• Batted .380 (19-for-51) with runners in scoring position, driving in 13 runs with two outs.
• Posted 11 multi-hit games and six multi-RBI games.
• Collected first career hit and scored a run during collegiate debut against Utah (Feb. 6).
• 2-for-4 with an RBI, stolen base and a run scored in a win over Northwestern State (Feb. 7).
• Reached base twice, adding two RBI and a run scored against Maryland (Feb. 19).
• Picked up first career double and drove in a run in a win over No. 25 Texas (Feb. 21).
• Scored a run later in the day for a second straight ranked win against No. 7 Georgia (Feb. 21).
• 2-for-3 with an RBI double in a victory against No. 20 Missouri (Feb. 27).
• Returned to the lineup with four hits during series at No. 9 Florida State (March 14-15), going 2-for-4 with first career home run, four RBI and two runs scored during finale shutout of the Seminoles.
• 2-for-2 with a double and an RBI in ACC home series opening win versus Georgia Tech (March 21).
• Added a double and RBI the following day to complete the sweep of the Yellow Jackets (March 22).
• Three RBI and a pair of runs scored during series sweep of No. 24 Virginia Tech (March 28-29).
• Grooved two hits and scored two runs in a win over Eastern Michigan (April 1).
• Picked up career-high three hits, with two doubles, and added a steal, RBI and run scored against Western Michigan (April 7).
• Logged first career triple, clearing the bases with three RBI in a win at Boston College (April 11).
• 2-for-3 with an RBI double and two runs scored in the nightcap against the Eagles (April 11).
• Added two hits, both doubles, and two RBI during Strikeout Cancer series finale against Syracuse (April 19).
• Two hits and a career-high three runs scored in 16-1 run-rule victory at Michigan State (April 28) in regular season finale.
• Drilled second home run of the year and drove in two runs in win over Northwestern (May 16) during the NCAA South Bend Regional.
• Added a hit, an RBI and a stolen base later in the day against Ball State (May 16).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Six-year letterwinner at Briarwood Christian School.
• Hit at a .434 clip with 13 doubles, 13 triples, a .530 on-base percentage and 53 runs scored as a senior co-captain in 2014, adding 30 stolen bases in 36 attempts.
• 0.92 ERA in 84 innings pitched during senior campaign, striking out 80 batters while allowing only 21 walks.
• Finalist for the Alabama Gatorade Softball Player of the Year award, and was a candidate for the Alabama Sports Writers Association Player of the Year.
• ASWA 5A all-state and AHSAA 5A all-state all-tournament team choice.
• Smashed a game-winning three-run home run to lead Briarwood to its first ever win at the 2014 state softball tournament.
• Batted .513 at the plate with eight home runs, 41 RBI and 61 runs scored as a junior in 2013, helping lead the Lady Lions to the Class 5A Area 7 championship - went 4-for-4 with an inside-the-park grand slam and five RBI in the Class 5A Area 7 championship game to pace the Lions offense in a 15-0 victory.
• Successfully stole 38 bases, and had a slugging percentage of .983 during the season.
• Was 10-7 with a 1.40 ERA as a pitcher, logging 88 strikeouts in the circle for Briarwood Christian.
• Named to the 2013 ASWA Class 5A all-state first team as a utility player.
• 2012-13 Over the Mountain Journal Player of the Year.
• 2013 5A All-Tournament selection.
• 2012 all-county selection after hitting at a .507 clip with a .560 on-base percentage and a .910 slugging percentage.
• Batted .516 with a .571 OBP for the Lions as a freshman in 2011.
• Member of Mu Alpha Theta and the National Honor Society.
• Volunteered at the Briarwood Hispanic Church and the Mike L. Jezdimir Transverse Myelitis Foundation.
• Most recently competed with the Birmingham Thunderbolts on the club level in 2014.
• Team finished fifth at the PGF Nationals and tied for fifth at the Louisville Slugger Independence Day Tournament in Boulder, Colorado.
• Also played with the Germantown Red Devils 16U Gold team on the travel circuit.
• Batted .509 with nine triples, four home runs, a .555 OBP and a .766 SLG for the Red Devils during the 2012 summer season.
• Batted over .500 on the club level during the fall of 2011.
• Holds the distinction of being the first Notre Dame softball player to ever hail from the state of Alabama.
• Daughter of Tony and Elise Reed.
• Enrolled in the College of Science with a major in science-business.
Reed's Career Statistics