HONORS AND AWARDS:
2017 Atlantic Coast Conference All-Academic Team
2017 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
2016 NFCA Division I Scholar-Athlete
2016 Atlantic Coast Conference All-Academic Team
2016 Atlantic Coast Conference Championship All-Tournament Team
2016 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
2015 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Second Team
2015 Atlantic Coast Conference All-Academic Team
2015 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
2014 Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll
AS A SENIOR (2017):
• Named to the ACC All-Academic Team for the third straight season.
• ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Posted a 17-12 record with two saves in a career-high 45 appearances (28 starts), throwing 187.0 innings.
• Logged 117 strikeouts to 80 walks across all outings.
• Limited opponents to a .210 batting average against (48-for-229) with two outs.
• Earned first save of the season against San Diego State (Feb. 11).
• Threw the final two innings to earn the victory against No. 11 Michigan (Feb. 18) at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
• Hurled three scoreless frames of relief with two strikeouts to down No. 4 Oklahoma (Feb. 25) at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic.
• Notched a four-hit shutout with five strikeouts against Charlotte (March 5).
• Three-hit complete game with six strikeouts in a victory at Mercer (March 15).
• Allowed one run over seven innings to open an ACC series against Virginia Tech (March 24).
• Tossed second straight complete game the following day to complete the Notre Dame sweep of the Hokies (March 25).
• Went all nine innings, allowing one run and adding seven strikeouts to open an ACC series against North Carolina (April 8).
• Complete game victory to begin series versus Boston College (May 5).
• Allowed one run over five innings against the Eagles in the opening round of the ACC Championship (May 11).
AS A JUNIOR (2016):
• Tabbed an NFCA Division I Scholar-Athlete.
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team for the second straight season.
• Selected to the 2016 ACC Championship All-Tournament Team.
• ACC Academic Honor Roll selection.
• Saw action in 34 games (20 starts) during junior season.
• Went 16-5 with a 2.94 ERA in 124.0 innings, tossing 111 strikeouts to 64 walks.
• Pitched 4.1 shutout innings and notched five strikeouts in win over BYU (Feb. 13).
• Pitched the first three innings with two strikeouts in a victory over No. 8 UCLA (Feb. 20).
• Threw five shutout innings against No. 22 UCF (Feb. 26), holding the Knights to four hits while striking out five in a win at the Diamond 9 Citrus Classic.
• Earned six strikeouts in six full innings of a two-hit performance against Ball State (March 6).
• Struck out seven Virginia (March 12) hitters in six innings to notch first ACC win of the season.
• Threw a complete game three-hitter with one walk and a season-high nine strikeouts in a game two win at Syracuse (March 26).
• Tossed five innings and struck out five batters during a run-rule victory in inclement weather conditions over Pittsburgh (April 10).
• Equaled season-high with nine strikeouts over six full innings in a home win against Valparaiso (April 20).
• Struck out seven batters while allowing only three hits in a five-inning win at North Carolina (April 24).
• Threw a complete game three-hit shutout with four strikeouts in an elimination game victory against Miami (Ohio) (May 21) in the NCAA Ann Arbor Regional.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2015):
• All-ACC Second Team.
• All-ACC Academic Team.
• ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Four-time ACC Pitcher of the Week selection (Feb. 24, March 16, March 23, March 30), tied for the conference lead.
• Made a team-high 36 appearances and 29 starts while tossing 16 complete games, all career-highs.
• Posted a 17-9 record in 180.2 innings pitched, adding one save and five shutouts.
• Yielded 67 walks while striking out 170 opposing hitters during the season.
• Limited opposing batters to a final .207 batting average against, including a .190 (42-for-221) clip with two outs.
• Compiled a .213 (56-for-263) batting average against with runners on base.
• Went 8-4 with a 3.33 ERA in 14 appearances in the ACC, tossing three solo shutouts -- went the distance in eight of 13 starts against league foes.
• Allowed three earned runs in first opening day start of career, striking out seven hitters in an effective no decision that set up a Notre Dame win at No. 6 UCLA (Feb. 6).
• Tossed 3.2 scoreless innings of relief to pick up first win of the year at Cal State Fullerton (Feb. 8).
• Allowed two earned runs over 10 innings in a pair of starts at No. 16 LSU (Feb. 14-15), striking out six Tiger batters.
• Tossed six no-hit innings of relief with six strikeouts against Hofstra (Feb. 15).
• Established a career-high with 10 strikeouts against No. 10 Tennessee (Feb. 19).
• Went six shutout innings to earn the win the following day against UNLV (Feb. 20) at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic.
• Allowed one run during a two-hitter against No. 25 Texas (Feb. 21), striking out four Longhorn batters.
• Threw two scoreless innings of relief later in the night to earn the save in a Notre Dame win against No. 7 Georgia (Feb. 21).
• Allowed no earned runs in a complete game victory against No. 20 Missouri (Feb. 27).
• Spun a two-hit shutout with eight strikeouts against Omaha (March 1).
• Tied career-high with 10 strikeouts in game one of an ACC series at North Carolina State (March 7).
• Completed North Carolina leg of Spring Break with a career-high 11 strikeouts in a complete game win at Campbell (March 10).
• Threw the 35th solo no-hitter (42nd overall) in program history, adding four strikeouts, to down No. 9 Florida State (March 15).
• Struck out nine Cleveland State (March 18) batters to win Notre Dame's home opener.
• Surrendered one earned run in a complete game outing in game one of an ACC series win against Georgia Tech (March 21).
• Spun a one-hit shutout with 10 strikeouts to complete the sweep of the Yellow Jackets (March 22) the following day.
• Scattered five hits in a game one shutout of No. 24 Virginia Tech (March 28).
• Allowed a lone run in a three-hit complete game Sunday to sweep the Hokies (March 29).
• Punched out 10 Western Michigan (April 7) batters in a six-inning win.
• Struck out nine batters over seven innings to take the first game of an ACC series at Boston College (April 11).
• Allowed one earned run over three innings to win first career postseason game against Northwestern (May 16) in the NCAA South Bend Regional.
AS A FRESHMAN (2014):
• ACC Academic Honor Roll.
• Saw action in 21 games during freshman campaign, logging three starts in the circle for the Irish.
• Finished the season 6-1 with a 2.98 ERA in 47.0 innings pitched.
• Tied for third in the ACC with two saves.
• Walked 31 batters while striking out 33 hitters during the year.
• Held opponents to a .245 batting average (27-for-110) with runners on base.
• Made collegiate debut by throwing two innings of one-run softball out of the bullpen in a Notre Dame win over Tennessee Tech (Feb. 8) at the Auburn Plainsman Invitational.
• Picked up first career save against No. 23 Louisville (Feb. 15), shutting out the Cardinals over the final three frames at the JU Tournament.
• Earned first win at Notre Dame with a scoreless 1.2 innings of work with two strikeouts against Pacific (Feb. 20) at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic.
• Struck out three Fordham (Feb. 28) batters over the final three innings to earn second save of the season during the Diamond 9 Citrus Classic.
• Threw 2.2 shutout innings in a winning effort to close the weekend against Radford (March 1).
• Set career-highs in both innings pitched (5.0) and strikeouts (5) in a no decision relief appearance at Georgia Tech (March 8).
• Threw four scoreless innings out of the bullpen against Michigan State (April 2) for second straight victory.
• Tied career-high with five strikeouts to earn first ACC win in relief in game two of a doubleheader at Virginia (April 18).
• Surrendered no earned runs over 4.2 innings, striking out two Boston College (May 3) batters to earn sixth and final win.
• Tossed three innings of effective one-run ball, striking out three No. 3 UCLA (May 17) batters during the NCAA Los Angeles Regional.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Won four varsity letters in softball at Torrey Pines High School.
• Went 54-13 with a stellar 0.70 ERA during career at Torrey Pines.
• Led the Lady Falcons to a second straight CIF SDS Division I Championship as a senior, registering a 19-7 record in the circle with a 0.66 ERA, 22 complete games and a career-high 307 strikeouts in 180.1 innings.
• First team all-state selection, and was named the San Diego Section Softball Player of the Year and an all-San Diego Section first team choice.
• Posted a 17-2 record with a 0.55 ERA and 205 strikeouts as a junior team captain.
• Walked only 28 batters in 139 innings pitched for the 2012 Palomar League and CIF Division I champions.
• Named the Palomar League Pitcher of the Year, and was selected to the all-Palomar League and all-CIF first teams.
• Career-low 0.49 ERA as a sophomore in 2011.
• 14-1 with a 0.97 ERA and 183 strikeouts as a freshman for the 2010 Avocado League champion Torrey Pines squad.
• Recognized as the Avocado League and Division I CIF Pitcher of the Year.
• Competed with The Next Level club team.
• Member of the 2011 16U ASA Southern California State and ASA 16U National Championship teams.
• Club also won the 2012 18U Champions Cup.
• Member of the California Scholarship Federation.
• Daughter of Steve and Mary Nasland.
• Has two brothers, Mike and Nick.
• Has one sister, Alexa.
• Former Irish teammate Laura Winter pitched for the same club team.
• Graduated from the College of Arts and Letters with a degree in psychology, also minoring in business economics and constitutional studies.
Nasland's Career Statistics