March 3, 2009
Returning senior infielder Linda Kohan has started in all eight games of the Irish’s 2009 season, with a .318 batting average. She finished her junior campaign with a .302 average and 60 game starts. In 2008, the Westminister, Calif. native was a third-team Big East performer and a school record holder for walks in a single season.
1. If you could trade places with Coach Gumpf for a day, what would you do?
I’d take the team on a shopping spree at the mall.
2. When you were little, who was your favorite cartoon character?
3. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Barack Obama, because he’s really interesting and the first African-American president.
4. What do you miss the most about being at home?
Warm weather and my family.
5. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want to have with you?
A computer, sunscreen, and a phone.
6. What is your most embarrassing moment on the field?
When Beth confused me at the plate and I tripped scoring the winning run.
7. What’s your theme song?
“The Joker” by the Steve Miller Band
8. Growing up playing softball, I always pretended to be …
9. What is your favorite memory with your Irish teammates?
Our trip to Italy in the fall of 2007.
10. What television show would you like to make a cameo on?
11. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
Happy, married, rich, and in California.
12. Do you have any pre-game rituals/superstitions?
Handshakes with teammates.
13. If a movie was made about your life, what would the title be and who would play you?
Natalie Portman would play me and it would be called “Driven.”
14. Do you have any nicknames?
Koko, Linlin, L-Dog, and G.
15. What artist takes up most of your iPod/music player?
16. Where is your favorite place at Notre Dame?
17. What’s the most notable thing about your hometown?
We have Little Saigon.
18. Other than the Irish, what is your favorite sports team?
The Los Angeles Lakers.
19. What would be your dream job?
Being the CEO of Goldman Sachs.
20. What does being part of the Fighting Irish mean to you?
Family, integrity, respect, and NDS2D.