Nov. 14, 2013
NOTRE DAME, Ind. -
For the first time in over a month the University of Notre Dame women's swimming and diving team returns to Rolfs Aquatic Center for dual meets against in-state foe Valparaiso at 5 p.m. Friday and No. 24 Wisconsin at 11 a.m. Saturday.
The Irish (2-3) are coming off an impressive double-dual victory last Saturday night as they breezed past Pitt (193-107) and knocked off Virginia Tech (162-138) in their first Atlantic Coast Conference action in program history. Notre Dame won 10 events on the day, including three individual wins each from senior Kelly Ryan (50, 100 and 200 free) and junior Emma Reaney (100 and 200 breast, 200 IM) and two first-place finishes from freshman Katie Miller (100 back, 500 free).
Valpo (0-4) is making its second appearance at Rolfs this season as the Crusaders competed at the season-opening Dennis Stark Relays Oct. 11, finishing sixth. Last weekend, the Crusaders lost dual meets to IUPUI and Lewis.
Wisconsin (0-4) has yet to claim a dual victory, but hasn't shied away from elite competition having met and held it's own against No. 1 California, No. 2 Georgia, No. 7 Stanford and No. 14 Minnesota. Standouts for the Badgers include Ivy Martin (3rd in NCAA - 22.38) and Chase Kinne (T-4th in NCAA - 22.57) in the 50 free, Martin (49.09 - 2nd in NCAA) in the 100 free and Aja Van Hout in the 1,650 free (11th in NCAA - 16:52.14) and the 200 IM (25th in NCAA - 2:02.39).
Admission is free to both dual meets, with fans receiving free water bottles and ice cream sandwiches Friday and a poster-making station as part of Youth Day Saturday.
Live stats should be available for both meets for fans that can't make it to Rolfs. Links are available on UND.com.
For more information on Notre Dame women's swimming and diving follow the Irish on Facebook (/NDwSwimmingDiving) and on Twitter (@NDwSwimming).
ACC Rankings (Top 3 Only)
1. Emma Reaney - 1:00.94 (NCAA B Cut) - 10/12/13
1. Emma Reaney - 2:12.55 (NCAA B Cut) - 11/09/13
800 Free Relay
2. Kelly Ryan / Emma Reaney / Suzanne Bessire / Katie Miller - 7:24.98 - 10/11/13
NCAA Rankings (Top 50 Only)
T-4. Emma Reaney - 1:00.94 (NCAA B Cut) - 10/12/13
5. Emma Reaney - 2:12.55 (NCAA B Cut) - 11/09/13
15. Emma Reaney - 2:01.30 (NCAA B Cut) - 11/09/13
33. Katie Miller 2:03.14 - 10/12/13
44. Emma Reaney - 55.03 - 10/12/13
49. Kelly Ryan - 2:00.39 - 11/1/13
800 Free Relay
8. Kelly Ryan / Emma Reaney / Suzanne Bessire / Katie Miller - 7:24.98 - 10/11/13
200 Free Relay
21. Catherine Mulquin / Emma Reaney / Kelly Ryan / Hannah Bowen - 1:33.96 - 10/11/13
200 Medley Relay
26. Catherine Mulquin / Emma Reaney / Catherine Galletti / Kelly Ryan - 1:42.43 - 11/1/13
400 Medley Relay
39. Catherine Mulquin / Danielle Margheret / Courtney Whyte / Genevieve Bradford - 3:50.74 - 10/11/13
400 Free Relay
41. Kelly Ryan / Catherine Mulquin / Genevieve Bradford / Katie Miller - 3:28.71 - 11/1/13
-- Russell Dorn, Assistant Media Relations Director