Sept. 19, 2007
1. Use five words to describe yourself:
Fun, tall, aggressive, emotional, exciting
2. What is your favorite class or professor to date at Notre Dame, and why?
I took a "German Through Film" class. I really like learning about languages. It was a class I enjoyed being in and the class had a really good student-teacher relationship.
3. Do you read your horoscope?
No. I couldn't even tell you what my sign is.
4. What is your major? Why did you choose this major?
My major is business marketing. I chose this because I wanted a challenge. I also sort of chose it by elimination -- I don't like science or heavy, intense literature. I'm a "people" person so hopefully marketing will have a lot to do with that.
5. If you could have a meal with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
I would have a meal with Lance Armstrong because I think he's a guy who would have great stories to tell and he's been through so much in his life, so it would just be a really interesting meal.
6. What is the first thing you think about when you wake up?
What I'm having for breakfast.
7. Do you have any siblings?
I have two sisters and a brother. My one sister, Annie, plays volleyball at the University of Cincinnati; my brother Mike is a senior in high school; and my little sister Abby is in seventh grade.
8. What is your favorite movie?
"A League Of Their Own"
9. Who was your role model as a child? Why? Has it changed now that you're older?
During my athletic life, my mom was always my role model. She was a college volleyball player and I always thought I wanted to be one too.
10. Where is the most interesting place you have traveled?
11. If you could choose any year of your life to live over again, what year would it be?
Growing up, my family would take two-week camping trips out to the mountains. My favorite place was Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. It was a place with no showers or electricity. It was a lot of fun.
I really liked seventh grade, but I don't think I would relive it. I think I would choose my freshman year here.
12. What annoys you the most?
When people chew their gum really loudly.
13. What are your plans for after graduation?
I would like to continue to play volleyball overseas. I don't know if that's necessarily a plan, but it's what I would like to do.
14. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
15. What's the best book you've ever read?
The Harry Potter books
16. What do you like the most about being at Notre Dame?
I like the family atmosphere, how everyone is a nice person, and how everyone all has different stories.
17. Describe your perfect day -- who would you spend it with, what would you do, where would you be?
I'd spend it with my family in the mountains. Other than that, I don't know.
18. Who was the most famous person you have ever met?
I actually couldn't tell you.
19. Do you have a favorite place on campus?
My favorite place on campus is the Grotto. It's a nice place to go and feels like it's in its own bubble. You can go there to sit and reflect and think and nothing else seems to matter when you're there.
20. How has being a student and an athlete at Notre Dame influenced your life?
It's opened up a lot of doors, and it brings out a feeling of pride. It ties you that much closer to the university. Being here is a really cool experience. If I didn't play volleyball at Notre Dame, I'd be just another student at a state school in Illinois. I wouldn't be nearly as happy as I am here.
-- ND --